- Volume 64 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Planar Yagi-Uda Dipole Antenna with Dual Tapered Balun by CPW-fed to CPS
CPW-fed to CPS 전이 급전에 의한 이중 테이퍼드 발룬을 포함한 평판형 Yagi-Uda 다이폴 안테나 설계
- Lee, Hyeonjin (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Dongkang College) ;
- Kim, Tea-Hong (Dept. of Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2015.06.29
- Accepted : 2015.08.17
- Published : 2015.12.01
In this paper, we proposed a broadband planar Yagi-Uda dipole antenna with dual tapered balance and unblance (balun) by CPW-fed to CPS. This antenna consisted of driver, three directors, dual tapered balun and CPS-fed to CPS. The fed structure of CPW-fed to CPS had a benefit points much simpler than other planar Yagi-Uda antennas and provided design more flexibility in arranging the reflector. The proposed antenna is introduced dual tapered balun to improve the impedance matching. It balun is inserted between the CPW-ground and the CPS. The proposed antenna is exhibited the bandwidth of 4.78 GHz (1.94~6.72 GHz) (S11 < -10 dB) and the gain of 4.9~7.2 dBi within that bandwidth. This antenna will applicate wireless communication.
- N. Kaneda, W. Deal, Y. Qian, R. Waterhouse, and T. Itoh, "A broadband planar quasi-Yagi antenna", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 50, no. 8, 2002.
- H.J Lee, "DESIGN OF A HALF-RING TYPE DIPOLE ANTENNA FOR WLAN COMMUNICATIONS," MICROWAVE AND OPTICAL TECHNOLOGY LETTERS / Vol. 56, No. 8, August 2014.
- Y. Qian, R. Deal, N. Kaneda, and T. Itoh, "A uniplanar quasi-Yagi antenna with wide bandwidth and low mutual coupling characteristics", IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig., vol. 2, pp. 924-927, 1999.
- W. Deal, J. Sor, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A broadband uniplanar quasi-Yagi active array for power combining", IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, RAWCON, 1999.
- Kyungho Han, Yongbae Park, Hosung Choo, Ikmo Park, "A Broadband CPS-Fed Yagi-Uda Antenna", 韓國電磁波學會論文誌 第20 卷 第7 號 2009年 7月.
- H.J Lee, "CPW-fed to CPS Dipole Antenna of Microstrip Tapered Balun with Triangular Loop Director," J Electr Eng Technol Vol. 9, No. 4, Junly, 2014
- N. Kaneda, Y. Qian and T. Itoh, "A broadband microstrip-to waveguide transition using quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory ant Techs., vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 2562-2567, December 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.809007
- C. Y. Hang, W. R. Deal, Y. Qian and T. Itoh, "Push-pull power amplifier integrated with quasi-Yagi antenna for power combining and harmonic tuning", Microwave Symposium Digest. 2000 IEEE MTT-S International, vol. 1,2000.
- E. Avila-Navarro, A. Segarra-Martinez, J. Carrasco, and C. Reig, "A low-cost compact uniplanar quasi-Yagi printed antenna", Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., vol. 50, no. 3, 2008.
- D. Woo, Y. Kim, K. Kim, and Y. Cho, "Design of quasi-Yagi antennas using an ultra-wideband balun", Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., vol. 50, no. 8, 2008.
- N. Kaneda, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A novel Yagi-Uda dipole array fed by a microstrip to CPS transition",Asia Pacific Microwave Conf. Dig., 1998.
- H. Song, M. Bialkowski, "Investigations into the operation of a microstrip-fed uniplanar quasi-Yagi antenna", IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig., vol. 3, 2000.
- H. Kan, R. Waterhouse, A. Abbosh, and M. Bialkowski,"Simple broadband planar CPW-Fed quasi-Yagi antenna", IEEE Ant. Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 6, 2007.
- S. Chen, P. Hsu, "Broadband microstrip-fed modified quasi-Yagi antenna", Wireless Communications and Applied Computational Electromagnetics, 2005.
- Warren L. Stutzman, Gary A. Thiele, " Antenna theory and Design, " Second edition.