- Volume 64 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Temperature Characteristic According to Variation of Air Duct of the Cast Resin Transformer
몰드변압기의 공기덕트의 구조 변화에 따른 온도특성 해석
Kim, Ji-Ho;Lee, Hyang-Beom;Shon, Jin-Geun
- Received : 2015.11.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.23
- Published : 2015.12.01
In this paper, achieved rise temperature distribution about degradation phenomenon of 24 MVA distribution cast resin transformer using CFD(Computational Fluid Dynamics). Usually, life of transformer is depended on temperature distribution of specification region than thermal special quality of transformer interior. Specially, life of transformer by decline of dielectric strength decreases rapidly in case rise by strangeness transformer interior hot spot temperature value permits. Because calculating high-voltage(HV) winding and low-voltage(LV) winding of cast resin transformer and Joule's loss of core for improvement these life, forecasted heat source, and HV winding and LV winding of cast transformer rise temperature distribution of core for supply of electric power and temperature distribution of highest point on the basis of the results. Also, calculated temperature rise limit of cast resin transformer and permission maximum temperature using analysis by electromagnetic heat source. Calculated and forecasted rise temperature distribution by heat source of thermal analysis with calculated result.
Cast resin transformer;CFD(computational fluid dynamics);Hot spot temperature;Mold transformer;Temperature distribution
- C. C. Hwang, P. H. Tang, and Y. H. Jiang, "Thermal Analysis of Highfrequency Transformers using Finite Elements Coupled with Temperature Rise Method", IEE Proc. Elect. Power Appl., Vol. 152, no. 4, pp.832-836, Jul. 2005 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20045247
- Kim, J. K., Oh, Y. H., Lee, J. Y., Hahn, S. J., "Temperature Rise Prediction of GIS Bus Bar Considering Thermal Flow". Trans. of the KIEE, Vol.58 No.4, pp.742-747. (2009)
- K. M. Shong, M. I. Choi, Y. S. Kim, S. B. Bang, C. M. Kim, "A Study on the Comparison of the Vibration Data in Cast Resin Transformer according to the Load Type" Journal of the Korean Institute of illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers Vol.26 No.4:75-81, (2012)
- IEEE Guide for Loading Dry-Type Distribution and Power Transformers, IEEE Std C57.96, pp. 5-13, 1999.
- Oh, Y. H., Song, K. D., Sun, J. H., "3D Analysis of Temperature Distribution in Transformers," Trans. of the KIEE, Vol. 52B, No.9, pp.434-441. (2003)
- Linden W. Pierce, "Predicting Hottest Spot Temperatures in Ventilated Dry Type Transformer Windings", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1160-1169, 1994 https://doi.org/10.1109/61.296303