- Volume 64 Issue 4
Electrical energy supply interruption degrades reliability of power supply as well as social costs and economic loss. It is important to assess the reliability of the power system. Nowadays IEC61850 based substation automation system(SAS) has been developed for an updating of automation and interoperability. In this study, three kinds of reliability block diagram(RBD) were proposed to examine of network availability of the three types SAS. And reliability and unreliability of the SAS was formulated using the RBD. Finally, while varying the value of reliability and unreliability, the reliability and the unreliability of the overall system were evaluated.
Availability;Interoperability;Reliability;Reliability block diagram(RBD);Substation automation system(SAS);Unreliability
- J. Endrenyi, "Three-State Models in Power System Reliability Evaluation", IEEE Trans. on PAS, Vol. 90, No. 4, pp. 1909-1916, July 1971.
- Gwang-Won Kim, "A Study on the Substation Reliability Assessment Using Weibull Distribution", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 51A, No. 1, pp. 7-14, JAN., 2002.
- S.H. Lee, J.O. Kim, S.T. Cha, T.K. Kim, J.B. Choo, "A Study on Optimal Modeling for the Reliability Evaluation of KEPCO Systems", 2004 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 177-179, July 2004.
- Y.H. Lee, D.H. Baek, S.H. Jang, "Reliability analysis for substation based on the failure rate data the facilities", 2006 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 29-31, July 2006.
- J.F Moon, J.G. Shon, "Reliability Evaluation of Power Distribution System Considering Maintenance Effects", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 51A, No. 1, pp. 7-14, JUN., 2010.
- J.K. Kim, Y.H. Ahn et. al., "IED(Intelligent Electronic Device) Development", MOTIE Technology Development Final Report, pp. 1-941, September 2011.
- Chul-Won Park, "Digital Plans to Establish of Conventional 154kV S/S, 2015 KEPCO Report, pp. 1-94, 2015. 10.
- J.Y. Han, Y.H. An, Y.H. Kim, B.H. Kim, "Establishment of Intelligent Substation Automation System for Improving Electronic Power System Reliability", KIEE CICS'10, pp. 179-180, April 2010.
- Seok-kon Kim, Yong-ho An, Byung-tae Jang, Nam-ho Lee, Jeong-yeol Han, You-jin Lee, "Future Plans on the Design and Structures of the Topology for Process Bus System in Digital", ISGC 2015, SPGO-330, 2015. 10.
- H.J. Lee, E.J. Lee, "A Study on Intelligent Alarm Processing of 765kV Substation", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 284-285, July 2009.
- Dou Renhui, Yu Jing, Lu Jianfeng, "Modification of In-Service Substation based on IEC 61850", Springer-Verlag London Limited, pp. 1-5, 2012.
- Ji Zhang, Zhi Du, Yong Cai, Jiong Yan, Yanbo Chen, Qiaoping Kang, Shouxia Jiang, "Analysis of Technology and Economy of New Generation Smart Substation", 978-1-4673-8040-9/15/$31.00, IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2015.
- Xi Chen, Hao Guo, Peter Crossley, "Performance Testing of IEC 61850 Based Architecture for UK National Grid Standardised Substation Automation Solutions", 978-1-4673-8040-9/15/$31.00 IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2015.
- Hamze Hajian-Hoseinabadi, "Availability Comparison of Various Power Substation Automation Architectures", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 566-574, APRIL 2013.
- Hamze Hajian-Hoseinabadi, "Reliability and component importance analysis of substation automation systems", Int. J. Electrical Power and Energy Systems, pp. 445 -463, 2013.
- Roy Billinton, Ronald N. Allan, "Reliability Evaluation of Engineering Systems, Concepts and Techniques", 2nd ed. New York : Plenum, pp. 80-100, 1992.
- J.S. Choi, "Engineering of Power System Reliability," Gyeongsang National University Press, pp. 1-481, 2012. 8.
- Y.Y. Park, J.Y. Lee, C.W. Park, "A Study on Reliability of Substation", 2015 KIEE PES Autumn Conference, pp. 438-439, 2015. 10.