- Volume 64 Issue 4
Proposal algorithm in this paper introduced cells, units of router group, for distributed processing of previous genetic algorithm. This paper presented ways to reduce search delay time of overall network through cell-based genetic algorithm. As a result of performance analysis comparing with existing genetic algorithm through experiments, the proposal algorithm was verified superior in terms of costs and delay time. Furthermore, time for routing an alternative path was reduced in proposal algorithm, in case that a network was damaged in existing optimal path algorithm, Dijkstra algorithm, and the proposal algorithm was designed to route an alternative path faster than Dijkstra algorithm, as it has a 2nd shortest path in cells of the damaged network. The study showed that the proposal algorithm can support routing of alternative path, if Dijkstra algorithm is damaged in a network.
Genetic algorithm;Mobile agent;Route search;Networks
- Filipe Araujo, Bernardete Ribeiro, Luis Rodrigues, "A neural network for shortest path computation", IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Volume 12, Issue 5, pp. 1067 - 1073, Sep. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.950136
- W. Stalling, HIGH-SPEED NETWORKS TCP/IP AND ATM DESIGN PRINCIPLES, Prentice Hall, 2000.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The MIT press, 1992.
- N. M. Karnik and A. R. Tripathi, "Design Issues in Mobile-Agent Programming Systems", IEEE Concurrency, pp.52-61, 1998.
- B. Liu, S. Choo, S. Lok, S. Leong, S. Lee, F. Poon, H. Tan, "Integrating case-based reasoning, knowledge-based approach and Dijkstra algorithm for route finding", Artificial Intelligence for Applications, 1994, Proceedings of the Tenth Conference, pp. 149 - 155, 1994.
- C. Xi, F. Qi, L. Wei, "A New Shortest Path Algorithm based on Heuristic Strategy", Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 2006.
- M. Munemoto, Y. Takai, and Y. Sato, "A migration scheme for the genetic adaptive routing algorithm", in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 2774-2779, 1998.
- J. Inagaki, M. Haseyama, and H. Kitajima, "A genetic algorithm for determining multiple routes and its applications", in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits and Systems, pp. 137-140, 1999.
- C. Ahn, R. S. Ramakrishna, "A Genetic Algorithm for Shortest Path Routing Problem and the Sizing of Populations", IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 6, No. 6, December 2002.