- Volume 64 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Wireless Communication Networks for Smart Metering Implemented with Channel Coding Adopted Multi-Purpose Wireless Communication Chip
오류 정정 부호를 사용하는 범용 무선 통신 칩으로 구현된 스마트 미터링 무선 네트워크 시스템 성능 분석
- Received : 2015.09.30
- Accepted : 2015.11.19
- Published : 2015.12.01
Smart metering is one of the most implementable internet-of-thing service. In order to implement the smart metering, a wireless communication network should be newly designed and evaluated so as to satisfy quality-of-service of smart metering. In this paper, we consider a wireless network for the smart metering implemented with multi-purpose wireless chips and channel coding-functioned micro controllers. Especially, channel coding is newly adopted to improve successful frame transmission probability. Based on the successful frame transmission probability, average transmission delay and delay violation probability are analyzed. Using the analytical results, service coverage expansion is evaluated. Through the delay analysis, service feasibility can be verified. According to our results, channel coding needs not to be utilized to improve the delay performance if the smart metering service coverage is several tens of meters. However, if more coverage is required, chanel coding adoption definitely reduces the delay time and improve the service feasibility.
Smart metering;Wireless network;Delay QoS control
- J. Kim, J. Lee, J. Kim and J. Yun, "M2M Service Platforms: Survey, Issues, and Enabling Technologies," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 61-76, January 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2013.100713.00203
- M. Hasan, E. Hossain and D. Niyato, "Random Access for Machine-to-Machine Communication in LTE-Advanced Networks: Issues and Approaches," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 86-93, June 2013.
- Z. Fan, R. Haines, and P. Kulkarni, "M2M Communications for E-health and Smart Grid: an Industry and Standard Perspective," IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 62-69, January 2014.
- S. Lohier, A. Rachedi, I. Salhi, and E. Livolant, "Multichannel Access for Bandwidth Improvement in IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Networks," 2011 Wireless Days Conf., pp. 1-6, 2011.
- S. Pollin, M. Ergen, and S. Ergen, "Performance Analysis of Slotted Carrier Sense IEEE 802.15.4 Medium Access Layer," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 3359-3371, September 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2008.060057
- N. Tadayon, W. Honggang, and D. Kasilingam, "Analytical Modeling of Medium-Access Delay for Cooperative Wireless Networks Over Rayleigh Fading Channels," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 349-359, January 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2217768
- G. Bianchi, "Remarks on IEEE 802.11 DCF performance analysis," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 765-767, August 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2005.1496609
- H. Ho, C. Chang, and H. Hsieh, "Analyzing and Minimizing Random Access Delay for Delay-Sensitive Machine-to-Machine Communications: A New Perspective on Adaptive Persistence Control," IEEE GreenCom Conf., pp. 69-74, 2014.
- Z. Lu, W. Wang and C. Wang, "Camouflage Traffic: Minimizing Message Delay for Smart Grid Applications under Jamming," IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 31-44, January 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDSC.2014.2316795
- F. Ye, Q. Yi, and R. Hu, "Energy Efficient Self-Sustaining Wireless Neighborhood Area Network Design for Smart Grid," IEEE Trans on. Smart Grid, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 220-229, January 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2014.2344659
- O. Musikanon and W. Chongburee, "Zigbee Propagations and Performance Analysis in Last Mile Network," International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 353-357, August 2012.
- B. Sklar, Digital Communications Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2001.
Supported by : 상명대학교