- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Subjective Evaluation on White Light Property and Color Appearance of Single Chip LED and RGB Multi Chip LED
단일칩 LED와 RGB 멀티칩 LED의 백색광 특성 및 색 보임에 대한 주관평가 연구
Sim, Yun-Ju;Kim, In-Tae;Choi, An-Seop
- Received : 2014.10.02
- Accepted : 2014.10.27
- Published : 2015.01.31
To produce the white light, there are a single chip method using the blue light and phosphor coating, a multi chip method by mixing R, G, B light.. Multi chip method is proper for the smart lighting system by controling color and color temperature. And color rendering of single chip LED is good by even spectral distribution. To apply application technic like smart light system, this paper analyzed the properties of single chip LED and RGB multi chip LED, and implemented the 2 part subject evaluation for single chip LED and RGB multi chip LED. The first part is comparison of properties for single chip LED and RGB multi chip and second part is color appearance evaluation of 8 colors in each lighting environment.
Single Chip;Multi Chip;Color Rendering Index;Color Appearance;Subjective Evaluation
- G. O. Mueller, "White Light from LEDs", CIE expert symposium on LED Light sources, 2004.
- B. H. Jeong, N. O. Kim, D. G. Kim, G. G. Oh, G. B. Cho, K. Y. Lee, "Analysis of Property for White and RGB Multichip LED Luminaire", Journal of the Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 23-30, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2009.23.12.023
- L. Yin, W. Yang, Y. Guo,K. Ma, S. Li, M. Chen, J. Li, J. Zhang, "Multi-Chip Integrated High-Power White LED Device on the Multi-Layer Ceramic Substrate", Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pp. 790-794, 2008.
- R. Mirhosseini, M. F. Schubert, S. Chhajed, J. H. Cho, J. K. Kim, and E. F. Schubert, "Improved color rendering and luminous efficacy in phosphor-converted white light-emitting diodes by use of dual-blue emitting active regions", OPTICS EXPRESS, 2009.
- J. K. Sheu, S. J. Chang, C. H.Kuo, Y. K. Su, L. W. Wu, Y. C. Lin, W. C. Lai, J. M. Tsai, G. C. Chi, and R. K. Wu, "White-Light Emission From Near UV InGaN-GaN LED Chip Precoated With Blue/Green/Red Phosphors", IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, pp. 18-20, 2003.
- J. H. Oh, J. R. Oh, H. K. Park, Y. G. Sung, and Y. R. Do, "New paradigm of multi-chip white LEDs: combination of an InGaN blue LED and full down-converted phosphor-converted LEDs", OPTICS EXPRESS, A270-279, 2011.
- H. S. Kim, Y. S. Kim, A. S. Choi, "A Study on the Subjective Evaluation of Color Appearance under the Different LED CCT Conditions", Journal of the Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 43-52, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2011.25.2.043
- K. Smet, W. R. Ryckaert, M. R. Pointer, G. Deconinck, P. Hanselaer, "Colour Appearance Rating of Familiar Real Objects", COLOR research and application, pp. 192-200, 2011.
- H. B. Kim, "Museum and Art Gallery Exhibition Lighting", CA Press, 2004.
- I. T. Kim, A. S. Choi, "Analysis on the Range of White Light according to MacAdam Ellipses Steps", KIIEE Autumn Annual Conference, pp. 108-109, 2012.
- A. R. Son, I. T. Kim, A. S. Choi, "A Subjective Evaluation on Color Appearance According to different CCTs of LED Luminaires", KIIEE Spring Annual Conference, pp. 134-135, 2013.
- K. H. Ryu, S. J. Park, O. Shin, "A Study on Preferable Colors in Korea's Fashion Market - With a focus on recent three years (2005-2007) -", Journal of Korean Society of Color Studies, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 65-78, 2008.
- H. B. BARLOW, R. FITZHUGH AND S. W. KUFFLER, "DARK ADAPTATION, ABSOLUTE THRESHOLD AND PURKINJE SHIFT IN SINGLE UNITS OF THE CAT'S RETINA", The Journal of physiology, pp. 327-337, 1957.
Supported by : 한국연구재단