- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of Horizontal Surface Discharge Characteristics for Dew-Point of Dry-Air and Materials of Solid Insulator in Quasi-Uniform Field
Dry Air 중의 준평등전계에서 노점과 고체절연물 재질에 따른 수평연면방전 특성 연구
Kang, Byoung-Chil;Seok, Jeong-Hoo;Min, Gyeong-Jun;Bae, Sungwoo;Lee, Kwang-Sik;Park, Won-Zoo
- Received : 2014.09.24
- Accepted : 2014.11.03
- Published : 2015.01.31
This study investigates the Horizontal surface discharge characteristics of solid insulators by varying their materials, and the dew-point of dry-air. The methodology of this study is that a quasi-uniform field is first applied to a test chamber. Then, the chamber is filled with dry-air as an insulation gas which pressure is varied from 1 to 6atm while applying an AC voltage to the chamber. The used solid insulators are teflon, polyethlene and polyurethane. As the dew-point is lower and the pressure of dry-air is higher, the flashover voltage of all solid insulators increases more. When each characteristic of the solid insulators is compared under the same gas pressure, the flashover voltage of teflon is the highest. Then, the flashover voltage of polyethlene is higher than that of polyurethane. Moreover, it is observed that the flashover voltage increases as the horizontal distance between the electrodes of each solid insulator become larger, respectively. However, as the pressure is increased, flashover voltage of the solid insulators is saturated. Therefore, selection of cost-effective insulation is needed in order to appropriate pressure.
Dry Air;Flashover Voltage;Solid Insulator;Dew Point;Horizontal Surface Discharge
- Sun-Hee Park, "European Union and the Kyoto Protocol", ACEF Autumn Anuual Conference 2008, pp. 125-144, 2008.
- L.G. Christophorou, J.K. Olthoff and R.J. Van Brunt, "Sulfur Hexafluoride and the Electric Power Industry", IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 20-24, September/October, 1997.
- Toshiaki Rokunohe, Yoshitaka Yagihashi, Kenji Aoyagi, Takashi Oomori and Rumihiro endo, "Developrrent of SF6-free 72.5kV GIS", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vo1. 22, No. 3, pp. 1869-1876, July 2007.
- TADAHIRO YOSHIDA, HIROMI KOGA, TAKAKAZU HARADA, SHINICHI MIKI, MASAHIRO ARIOKA, SHINJI SATO, SATORU YOSHIDA, NAOAKI INOUE, AKIHIKO MARUYAMA, and TOSHIE TAKEUCHI, "Insulation Technology in Dry-Air and Vacuum for a 72-kV Low-Pressure Dry-Air Insulated Switchgear", Electrical Engineering in Japan, Vol. 175, No. 1, 2011.
- H.R. Park, J.H. Lee, E.H. Choi, S.G. Park, K.S. Park, K.S. Lee, "Surface discharge Characteristics for epoxy resin in Dry-Air with different electrode features", KIIEE Autumn Annual Conference 2008, pp.253-255, October 2008.
- G.J. Min, B.C. Kang, D.Y. Lim, K.S. Lee, W.Z Park, "A Study of Surface discharge Characteristics for Dew-Point of Dry-Air and Materails of Shapes of Solid insulator in Quasi-Uniform Field", Journal of the KIIEE, Vol.27, No6, pp.44-49, June 2013.
- Sang-Ho Lee, "Assess Breakdown Characteristics of Surface Discharge according to the Pressure Variaition of Solid Dielectrics in Different Media", a thesis submitted for the degree of doctor of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University, June 2010.
- TADASHI KAWAMOTO. TADASU TAKUMA. HISASHI GOSHIMA, HIROYUKI SHINKAI, "Triple-Junction Effect and Its Electric Field Relaxation in Three Dielectrics", Electrical Engineering in Japan, Vol. 167, No. 1, 2009.
- H. Craig Miller, "Surface Flashover of Insulators", IEEE Transactions on Electrical Insulation, Vol. 24, No. 5, October 1989.
- H.R. Park, E.H. Choi, L.K. Kim, K.S. Lee, "Surface Discharge Characteristics for Epoxy Resin in Dry-Air with Variations of Electrode Features and Epoxy Resin Size", Journal of the KIIEE, Vol.23, No.2, February 2009.
- Y.S. Kim, B.S. Lee, S.M. Baek, J.M. Jung, S.Y. Chung, S.H. Kim, "Characteristics of Surface on Partially Immersed of Spacer in Liquid Nitrogen", Journal of the Korean Institute of Electrical and Electronic Material Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 177-182, 2000.