- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Simulation Analysis and Development of Matlab/Simulink Model for Stand-alone Operation of Emergency Diesel Synchronous Generator-based Hybrid Energy System
비상용 디젤동기발전시스템기반 독립운전 하이브리드에너지시스템 모델 설정 및 시뮬레이션 분석에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.09.19
- Accepted : 2014.11.21
- Published : 2015.01.31
In this paper, enhanced stand-alone operation and development of Matlab/Simulink model of emergency diesel based hybrid energy system is presented. Simulations based on the remote community or islands were performed for PV-diesel-battery hybrid system. Modeling of PV-diesel-battery integrated system is done to perform under the solar radiation and load conditions on Matlab/Simulink platform. The models of diesel generator unit, battery energy storage system, PV and frequency-power control are developed and simulation studies have been carried out under various conditions using Matlab/Simulink and SimPowerSystem. It is demonstrated that the proposed system can provide reliable and good quality power to the customers in diesel synchronous generator-based hybrid energy systems.
Matlab/Simulink Model;Emergency Diesel Synchronous Generator Stand-Alone Operation;PV-Diesel Hybrid System
- N. D. Hatziargyriou, H. Asano, R. Iravani, and C.Marnay,, "Microgrids", IEEE Power Energy, Vol. 5,Issue 4, pp.78-94, July-Aug. 2007.
- N. D. Hatziargyriou, "Microgrids", IEEE Power Energy, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp.26-29 , May-June 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MPE.2008.920383
- R. Lasseter, et. al., "White Paper on Integration of Distributed Energy Resources - The CERTS MicroGrid Concept", Office of Power Technologies of the US Department of Energy, April 2002.
- A.G. Tsikalakis, and N.D. Hatziargyriou, "Centralized Control for Optimizing Microgrids Operation", IEEETrans. Energy Convers., Vol. 23, Issue 1, pp.241-248, March 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.914686
- S.G. Malla, "Enhanced operation of stand-alone" Photovoltaic-Diesel Generation-Battery "system", Electric Power System Research 107, pp.250-257, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2013.10.009
- A. Elmitwally, "Flexible Operating Strategy for an Isolated PV-Diesel Microgrid Without Energy Storage", IEEE Teans. on Energy conversion, Vol. 26, NO. 1, pp. 235-244, March 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2010.2082090
- Won-Pyo Hong, "Power Resources Utilization and Managements", KIIEE Magazine, Vol.28, No. 1, pp. 43-49, 2014.
- J.M. Daley, "Utilizing Emergency and Standby Power for Peak Shaving", IEEE TRANS. on INDUSTRY APPLICA TIONS, VOL. IA-18, NO. 1, JANUARY/FEBRUARY 1982.
- W.P. Hong, "Utility-Interactive Operation for Utilizing Demand Response Resources of Customer Owned Generator in Apartment Buildings", The Proceeding of 2013 KIIEE Autumn Conference, pp.128-130, 2013. 11.20.
- Won-Pyo Hong, "Utility-Interactive Operation for Utilizing Demand Response Resources of Customer Owned Generator in Apartment Buildings", Proceedings of 2013 KIIEE Autumn Conference,pp. 128-130, 2013.
- J.M.Daley, R.Castenschiol, Utilizing Emergency & Standby Power for Peak Shaving,IEEE Trans. on IA, Vo.18, No.1, Jan/Feb., 1982.
- EPRI, Customer Backup Generation: Demand-Sise Management Benefits for Utilities and Customers, 1991.
- KEPCO Economy & Management Reaearch Institute, "A Study on Utilization of Customer Owned Generators for Demand Side Management", 2012.1.5.
- Il-Yop Chung, "Power Control Methods for Microgrid with Multiple Diatribution Generators", Trans. KIEE, Vol.57, NO.4, pp. 582-588, April, 2008.
- W. P. Hong, "A Multiagent-Based Hybrid Power Control and Management of Distributed Power Sources", Journal of KIIEE, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 70-81, August 2011.
- Jae Jin Seo, Power Balancing Strategy in the Micro grid During Transient "Trans." KIEE. Vol. 59, No. 4, APR, pp. 707-714, 2010.
- Bong-Suck Kim "Economic Evaluation between Diesel vs Renewable Energy for Remote Islands", Proceeding of 2011 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 584-585, 2011.
- A. Urtasun, "Energy management strategy for a battery-diesel stand-alone system with distributed PV generation based on grid frequency modulation", Renewable Energy, Volume 66, Pages 325-336, June 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2013.12.020
- R.Dufo-Lopez, "Design and control strategies of PV-Diesel systems using genetic algorithms", Solar Energy 79, pp. 33-46, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2004.10.004
- MathWorks, SimPowerSystem-Synchronous Machine.
- S. Roy, "A K-step predictive scheme for speed control of diesel driven power plants", Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 29, No.2, pp. 389-395, March/April, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.216549
- T.I. Mina, "A detailed study of the start and run-up behavior of multi-cylinder direct injection diesel engine", Inst. Mech. Eng., Paper C372/011, 1989.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Excitation System Models for Power System Stability Studies, IEEE Std 421.5-1992.
- http://www.mathworks.co.kr/kr/help/physmod/sps/powersy s/ref/excitationsystem.html
- J. H. Cho, et al, "Renewable Source and Hybrid System Modeling for Smart Grid", Journal of KIIEE, Vol.24, No.12, pp. 109-121, December 2010.
Supported by : KESRI (Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning)