- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Switching Losses Analysis of the Interleaved ZCT DC-DC Converter with Current Conduction Modes
전류전도모드에 따른 Interleaved ZCT DC-DC Converter의 스위칭 손실 분석
Cha, Dae-Joong;Baek, Ji-Eun;Ko, Kwang-Cheol
- Received : 2014.10.10
- Accepted : 2014.11.07
- Published : 2015.01.31
In the issues of interleaved topology which have been in limelight as high power converter, various soft-switching methods are studied to reduce switching losses in high power application. The interleaved ZCT converter has an additional filter inductor to reduce losses of diodes during reverse recovery process. However, additional current conduction modes are occurred by the inductor, we need to analyze switching losses with inductor values on each mode. In this paper, current conduction modes and boundary conditions of interleaved ZCT converter are analyzed. In the conclusion, the minimum of switching losses in converter operation modes is analyzed by calculating switching losses.
Interleaved DC-DC Converter;ZCT(Zero Current Transition);Switching Loss;High Power Converter
- T. U. Jung, J. Y. Kim, "Development of High Efficiency DC-DC Converter Circuit Topology for Renewable Energy Application", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24 (1), 2010.
- Y. Kim, "A Study of the Zero-Voltage-Switching Three-Level DC/DC Converter using Primary Clamping Diodes", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 27 (12), 2013.
- T. W. Heo, J. H. Park, T. K. Roh, "Input Current Ripple Improvement on Interleaved Boost Power Factor Corrector Operating in Discontinuous Current Mode", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 17 (1), 2003.
- I. H. Min, B. Kim, S. C. Rho, "Development of a constant power AC/DC converter for point heaters equipment", Korean Society for Railway Conference, 2013.
- S. J. Jeon, G. H. Cho, "A primary-Side-Assisted Zero-Voltage and Zero-Current Switching Full Bridged DC-DC Converter with Transformer Isolation for Arc Welding", Journal of Korea Institute of Electrical Engineering, 49B (10), 2000.
- S. P. Mun, D. H. Kim, H. W Lee, "The Characteristics Analysis and Design of High-Frequency Isoltaged Type ZVZCS PS-PWM DC-DC Converter with Fuel Cell Generation System", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 20 (4), 2006.
- J. S. Choi, S. Y. Oh, D. H. Chung, S. G. Song, "Development of Boost Type Bidirectional DC/DC Converter with High Efficiency For EV using an Interleave Method", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 27 (10), 2013.
- J. S. Choi, B. C. Park, D. H. Chung, S. G. Song, "Development of Boost Type Bidirectional DC/DC Converter for EV of Transformer Series Construction", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 27 (11), 2013.
- M. Ilic, D. Maksimovic, Interleaved Zero-Current-Transition Buck Converter, IEEE Trans. Indust. Appl., 23 (6), 2007.
- O. Al-Naseem, R.W. Erickson, P. Carlin, Prediction of Switching Loss Variations by Averaged Switch Modeling, Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2000.
- S. K. Kwon, S. Bishwajit, Design and Control of Interleaved Buck Converter in High Power Applications, Journal of the Institute of signal processing and systems, 8 (3), 2007.
- O. S. Carlos Marcelo, R. P. Jose, L. H. Helio, A ZCT Auxiliary Commutation Circuit for Interleaved Boost Converters Operating in Critical Conduction Mode, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 17 (6), 2002.
- I. Takuya, M. Yoshio, Power Factor Correction using Interleaving Technique for Critical Mode Switching Converters, Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 1998.
- A. Daniel, K, Samir, P. Marcelo, R. Jose, W, Bin, Switching Loss Analysis of Modulation Methods Used in Neutral Point Clamped Converters, Energy Conversion Contgress and Exposition, 2009.
Grant : 친환경 전기 에너지 변환 및 관리 기술