- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Fault Characteristics by the Type of Grounding Scheme in Low Voltage DC Distribution System
접지방식에 따른 저압 직류배전계통의 고장특성 분석
- Baek, In-Ho ;
- Oh, Yun-Sik ;
- Han, Joon ;
- Kim, Doo-Ung ;
- Gwon, Gi-Hyeon ;
- Kim, Chung-Mo ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo ;
- Kim, Chul-Hwan
- Received : 2014.10.28
- Accepted : 2014.12.01
- Published : 2015.01.31
Recently, DC distribution system has come into the spotlight as the number of digital loads and the use of renewable energy increases. However, there are still challenges for the commercialization of DC distribution system such as a consideration for the safety. Thus, researches on protective coordination and grounding system for the safety of human bodies and facilities in Low-Voltage DC (LVDC) distribution system should be preferentially conducted. In this paper, therefore, we analyze characteristics of faults in LVDC system accroding to type of grounding system based on IEC 60364. Finally, the simulations for fault characteristic in different grounding scheme are conducted using ElectroMagnetic Transient Program(EMTP) and the results of simulation are shown.
EMTP;Grounding System;LVDC Distribution System
- Navigant Research Report, Direct Current Distribution Networks, 2013.
- K. Engelen, E. Leung Shun, P. Vermeyen, I. Pardon, R. D'Hulst, J. Driesen, R. Belmans, "The Feasibility of Small-Scale Residential DC Distribution Systems," in IEEE Industrial Electronics, IECON 2006 - 32nd Annual Conference on, pp. 2618-2623, 2006.
- E. Amiri, S.H.H. Sadeghi, R. Moini, "A Probabilistic Approach for Human Safety Evaluation of Grounding Grids in the Transient Regime", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 945-952, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2011.2179566
- Low voltage electrical installations-Part 1 : Fundamental principles, assessment of general characteristics, definitions, IEC 60364-1, 2005.
- Hirose. K, Tanaka. T, Babasaki. T, Person. S, Foucault. O, BJSonnenberg, Szpek. M, "Grounding concept considerations and recommendations ofr 400VDC distribution system", Telecommunications Energy Conference, pp. 1-8, 2011.
- Jae-Do Park, Candelaria J, "Fault Detection and Isolation in Low Voltage DC-Bus Microgrid System", Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.28, No.2, pp. 779-787, 2013.
- Effect of current on human beings and livestock-Part 1 : General aspects, IEC 60479-1, 2005.
- P. Salonen, T. Kaipia, P. Nuutinen, P. Peltoniemi, J. Partanen, "An LVDC distribution system concept", in Proc. Nordic Workshop Power Ind. Elctron.(NORPIE), pp.A3-1 - A3-16, 2008.
- Bok-Hee Lee, Seung-Chil Lee, "The Major Foundational Technics for Grounding Systems", Uijae LTd. pp.1-197, 1999.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)