- Volume 29 Issue 1
Recently, LVDC(Low Voltage Direct Current) has been came into the newly spotlight with HVDC(High Voltage Direct Current) and as increasing digital load, DC power supply and high quality of demand is also getting extended. In accordance with the report of EPRI(Electric Power Research Institute), they expect digital load will grow to 50% of whole load in 2020. Subsequently, the use of DC equipment will grow dramatically. Therefore, the careful adoption of LVDC standardization policy is urgently required for the safety of people, prevention of confusion and occupancy of the market.
International Standard;LVDC;HVDC;International Electro-technical Commission
- EREC, Renewable Energy Technology Roadmap, 2008.
- Legrand, Introduction to the IEC SMB SG4,workshop on LVDC, 2011.
- Takehiro Uesugi, "Quantitative Simulation of Energy Saving Impacts through DC Power Supply at Residential Sector", IEC/SG4 Workshop, 2011.
- EPRI, "DC Distribution In Buildings Including Homes, Commercial Buildings, Data Centers And Telecom Central Offices", 2011.
- K. H. Lee, "Study on LVDC distribution system for green buildings", The Journal of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 36, 2010.
- J. Y. Kim, "Effective Implementing Measures and Current Status of LVDC Technology", Journal of the Electrical Word, Vol. 454, pp. 28-31, 2011.
- VDE, "Wirkungen des elektrischen Stroms auf Menschen und Nutztiere", 1986.