- Volume 29 Issue 2
This paper presents design, fabrication, and performance evaluation of a high voltage power supply for Carbon Nano Tube-based planar light sources. The proposed power supply employs an LLC resonant half-bridge converter and a sixfold voltage-multiplying rectifier. Steady-state characteristics of the voltage-multiplying rectifier are analyzed and used to derive the input-to-output voltage conversion ratio of the power supply. The input-to-output frequency response characteristics of the LLC tank circuit are analyzed and utilized in designing a proto-type power supply which produces a 15 KV output using a 400 V input source. The high-voltage transformer is fabricated using a sectional bobbin structure with an epoxy impregnation, in order to provide sufficient insulation for high voltage operations. The performance of the proposed power supply is confirmed with stable and reliable operations at the 15 KV output from no load to nominal load conditions. The proposed power supply is well suited as an electric ballast required stable operations of Carbon Nano Tube-based planar light sources.
CNT Flat Light Source;High Voltage Converter;LLC Resonant Half Bridge;Multiply Rectifier
- Chang-Hua Lin, Min-Hsuan Hung, Chien-Ming Wang "Analysis and implementation of a high voltage pulse driver with energy recovery circuit for CNT-FE lamp", Power Electronics and Drive Systems, 2009. PEDS 2009.
- Jong-Hyun Kim, Myung-Hyo Yoo, Dong-Wook Yoo, Hye-Man Jung, Seok-Jin Ha, "Hybrid ballast for field emission lamp with CNT emitter", Power Electronics, 2007. ICPE '07.
- S. D. Johnson, A. F. Witulski, and R. W. Erickson, "Comparison of Resonant Topologies in High-Voltage DC Applications," IEEE Trans. of Aerospace an Electronic systems, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 263-274, May 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.192094
- Bo Yang, F. C. Lee, A. J. Zhang, Guisong Huang "LLC resonant converter for front end DC/DC conversion," Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2002. APEC 2002. Seventeenth Annual IEEE, Vol. 2, pp.1108 - 1112, 2002.
- J. Liu, L. Sheng, J. Shi, Z. Zhang, and X. He, "LCC Resonant Converter Operating under Discontinuous Resonant Current Mode in High Voltage, High Power and High Frequency Applications," in Proc. APEC02 pp.1482-1486, February 2009.
- Jee-Hoon Jung, Joong-Gi Kwon "Theoretical analysis and optimal design of LLC resonant converter," 2007 European Conference of Power Electronics and Applications pp.1-10, Sept 2007.
- F. Canales, P. Barbosa, F. C. Lee "A wide input voltage and load output variations fixed-frequency ZVS DC/DC LLC resonant converter for high-power applications" in Conf Rec Industry Applications 2002, Vol. 4, pp. 2306-2313, 13-18 Oct 2002.
- A. Gopiyani, V. Patel, M. T. Shah "A novel half-bridge LLC Resonant Converter for high power DC power supply"in Conf IPEC 2010, pp. 34-39, 27-29 Oct. 2010.
- L. S. Senthamil, P. Ponvasanth, V. Rajasekaran "Design and implemen tation of LLC resonant half bridge converter," ICAESM 12, pp. 84-87, March 2012.
- J. Budnick, T. Bertuccio, K. Kirk, M. Sewell, G. Brown "Reliability improvements for Cockroft-Walton high voltage multipliers," Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference, 1991., Conference Record of the 1991 IEEE, Vol.2, pp.974-978 2-9 Nov, 1991.
- M. Renzsch, F. Fleisberg, H. Guldner "Closed Analytical Model of a 20 kV Output Voltage, 800W Output Power Series-Parallel Resonant Converter with Walton Cockroft Multiplier," IEEE-PESC2008, pp.1923-1929, 15-19 June 2008.
Supported by : 청주대학교