- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Load Balancing Technique to Release Multiple Overloading of Distribution Feeders using Minimum Spanning Tree
최소신장트리를 이용한 배전선로 다중 과부하 해소 방법
- Received : 2014.09.16
- Accepted : 2014.12.09
- Published : 2015.02.28
Power supplying capacity of the distribution feeder should be maintained within thermal capacity of the wire. This paper presents the minimum spanning tree based load balancing technique to release multiple overloading of distribution feeders. In order to minimize number of involved backup feeders, Dijkstra and Prim algorithm are adopted to construct minimum spanning tree. Simulation testing result based on part of KEPCO's commercial distribution systems shows effectiveness of proposed scheme.
Load Balancing;Multiple Overloading;Minimum Spanning Tree;Dijkstra Algorithm;Prim Algorithm;Distribution System
- Mesut E. Baran, Felix F. Wu "Network Reconfiguration in Distribution Systems for Loss Reduction and Load Balancing", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol 4, No. 2, pp. 1401-1407, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.25627
- M. A. Kashem, V. Ganapathy, G. B. Jasmon, "A Geometric Approach for Three-Phase Load Balancing in Distribution Networks", IEEE Power System Technology, Vol 1, pp. 293-298, 2000.
- B. Naga Raj, K. S. Prakasa Rao, "A New Fuzzy Reasoning Approach for Load Balancing in Distribution System", IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol 10, No. 3, pp. 1426-1432, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.466508
- K. Aoki, H. Kuwabara, T. Satoh, M. Kanezashi, "An Efficient Algorithm for Load Balancing of Transformers and Feeders by Switch Operation in Large Scale Distribution Systems", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol 3, No. 4, pp. 1865-1872, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.193994
- G. S. Seo, Y. S. Baek, "A Study of Reconfiguration for Load Balancing in Distribution Power System", Trans. KIEE, Vol 56, No. 8, pp. 1360-1365, 2007.
- I. H. Lim, S. I. Lim, M. S. Choi, S. J. Lee, C. H. Shin, B. N. Ha, "A Method for Optimal Location of Feeder Tie Switches for Improving Equal Load of Electric Power Equipment in Distribution Automation System", Trans. KIEE, Vol 56, No. 5, pp. 821-828, 2007.