- Volume 29 Issue 2
This paper presents a method of controlling a three-phase VSI (Voltage Source Inverter) using MPC (Model Predictive Control) designed using Laguerre functions. It also provides a model of the three-phase VSI and its resistive-inductive load and then an overview of MPC design using Laguerre functions. The biggest challenge in using MPC is the high number of computations involved, which makes online implementation difficult. On the other hand, the LMPC (Laguerre Model Predictive Control) reduces the number of computations made and so online implementation becomes possible where traditional MPC would be unteneble. The simulation results from MATLAB are also provided.
- William J. Palm III, System Dynamics, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, 2008.
- J.M. Maciejowski, Predictive Control with Constraints, First Edition, Prentice Hall, 2002.
- T. Kailath, Linear Systems, Prentice Hall, 1980.
- B.D.O Anderson, J.M Moore, Linear Optimal Control, Prentice Hall, 1971.
- Y. Gao, C.G.Lee and K.T. Chong Receding horizon tracking control for wheeled mobile robots with time-delay, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 22 (2008) 2403 2416.9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0746-5
- J.A Rossiter and Liuping Wang Exploiting Laguerre functions to improve the feasibility/performance compromise in MPC, Journal 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control Cancun, Mexio, Dec. 9-11, 2008.
- Tim Barry and Liuping Wang, A Model-free Predictive Controller with Laguerre Polyomials, 2004 6th Asian Control Conference.