- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Surge in Distribution System and ESS due to Direct Lightning in Distribution System with ESS using EMTP
EMTP를 이용한 ESS가 연계된 배전계통에서 직격뢰 발생 시 계통 및 ESS 측의 서지 해석
- Received : 2014.10.13
- Accepted : 2014.12.02
- Published : 2015.02.28
The study concerning about the grid connection of the large-capacity energy storage system(ESS) is increasing. However, the transient study such as lightning or switching surge necessarily occurred at power system with ESS has been hardly performed. Therefore, this paper performs the analysis of lightning surge in distribution system with ESS using electromagnetic transient program(EMTP). The battery model in Matlab/Simulink is modeled by EMTP, which is the specialized software for power system transient study. Also, the bi-directional power electronics for interconnection of the battery and distribution system are modeled by EMTP. When the lightning is occurred at interconnection point of ESS, this paper simulates the existence of ESS and operation conditions of ESS and analyzes the surge in distribution system and ESS according to the various conditions.
Battery;Distribution System;Energy Storage System(ESS);Lightning;Overvoltage
- Math H. J. Bollen, Emmanouil Styvaktakis, Irene Y. H. Gu, "Categorization and Analysis of Power System Transients", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 2298-2306, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2004.843386
- Mario Paolone, Carlo Alberto Nucci, Emanuel Petrache, and Farhad Rachidi, "Mitigation of Lightning-Induced Overvoltages in Medium Voltage Distribution Lines by Means of Periodical Grounding of Shielding Wires and of Surge Arresters: Modeling and Experimental Validation", IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 423-431, JANUARY 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2003.820196
- Alberto Borghetti, Carlo Alberto Nucci, and Mario Paolone, "An Improved Procedure for the Assessment of Overhead Line Indirect Lightning Performance and Its Comparison with the IEEE Std. 1410 Method", IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 684-692, JANUARY 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2006.881463
- Hun-Chul Seo, "A Study on the Analysis of Lightning Performance according to Configuration of Lightning Protection System in Distribution Line", Ph. D. thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, 2013.
- Olivier Tremblay, Member IEEE, Louis-A. Dessaint, Senior Member IEEE, and Abdel-Illah Dekkiche, "A Generic Battery Model for the Dynamic Simulation of Hybrid Electric Vehicles", IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, pp. 284-289, 9-12 Sept. 2007.
- Matlab and Simulink, The Mathworks, Inc. http://www. mathworks.com.
- Keon-Woo Park, Hun-Chul Seo, Chul-Hwan Kim, Chang-Soo Jung, Yeon-Pyo Yoo, Yong-Hoon Lim, "Analysis of the Neutral Current for Two-Step-Type Poles in Distribution Lines", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 1483-1489, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2021031