- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Load current and Temperature measurement system for Measuring the Degradation of Power cable
전력케이블의 열화측정을 위한 부하전류 및 온도측정 시스템
- Received : 2014.10.30
- Accepted : 2014.12.18
- Published : 2015.02.28
Recently, there has been a surge in interest in equipment diagnosis and monitoring technology from the perspective of providing quality electricity in terms of reliability and safety. In order to meet the electrical demands of consumers, reliability of power supply needs to be maintained. For this purpose, a monitoring system for power cable is very important. Since real-time measuring equipment has many advantages, it is highly applicable. By measuring the load current and the surface temperature of power cables, we have monitored and identified the deterioration phenomena of power cables in operation. Since direct measurement of the cable conductor temperature is not easy, we have measured the surface temperature instead, and converted that temperature to obtain the conductor temperature of the cables. In addition, we have designed a system to detect the deterioration processes of the power cables in operation.
Temperature Sensor;Monitoring;Current;Cable Degradation
- Jung-Tae Kim, Ja-Yun Koo, "Recent trends in the diagnosis of partial discharge power cable systems", KIEE, vol52, number 12, pp.42-48, 2003.
- Jea-Hun Yun, Seong-Ho Lim, "Effect of conductor temperature rise generated by load current on the cable life", Summer Conference KIEE, 2003.
- Bo-Kyung Kim ect, "Insulation diagnostics and maintenance of high and extra high-voltage power cable management solution", KEEA, 2004.
- Jianwen Wang, Zhengfeng Wang and Peng Li, "The Research of On-line Monitoring system of power cable joint temperature", I.J Wireless and Microwave Technologies, pp.9-15, 2012. 3.
- O.Postolache, M. Pereira, and P. Girao, "Smart sensor network for air quality monitoring application", IMTC 2005, Ottawa, Canada, pp. 537-542, 2005.
- Hag-Su Han, Kyung-Yun Min, Ki-Son Ryu, "A Study on Monitoring Means of Insulation deterioration of Electric Power", Summer Conference The Korean society for Railway, 2007.