- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Reliability Analysis in LVDC Distribution System Considering Layout
저압직류 배전계통의 구성 형태를 고려한 공급신뢰도 분석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Chung-Mo ;
- No, Chul-Ho ;
- Han, Joon ;
- Oh, Yun-Sik ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo ;
- Baek, In-Ho ;
- Kim, Chul-Hwan
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2014.11.25
- Published : 2015.02.28
At the end of the 19th century, Edison's DC power system and Tesla's AC power system was debated in power market. Finally, AC system became the primary system of the power market because both step-up and step-down of voltage by using transformer and long-distance power transmission are easily possible. However, nowadays the power market takes some action for introducing DC system. Both domestic and foreign researchers are conducting the study on the DC system as well. Some researchers have conducted the studies on power quality and economic evaluation of the DC distribution system but DC distribution system is still controversial in terms of the effectiveness and reliability. In this paper, we calculate the reliability indices of the Low Voltage Direct Current(LVDC) distribution system considering arrangement of power electronics, layout of the distribution system, and distance between load points.
Converter Arrangement;LVDC Distribution System;Reliability Index;System Layout
- AlLee G. F., Tschudi W., "Edison redux: 380 Vdc brings reliability and efficiency to sustainable data centers", Power and Energy Magazine IEEE, vol.10, no.6, pp.50-59, Nov. 2012.
- Navigant Research Report, Direct current distribution networks, 2013.
- P. Salonen, T. Kaipia, P. Nuutinen, P. Peltoniemi, J. Partanen, "An LVDC distribution system concept", in Proc. Nordic Workshop on Power and Industrial Electronics (NORPIE), pp.A3-1- A3-16, 2008.
- J. Lassila, T. Kaipia, J. Haakana, "Potential and strategic role of power electronics in electricity distribution systems", CIRED 20th International Conference on Electricity Distribution System, Jun. 2009.
- R. Billinton, R. N. Allan, "Reliability Evaluation of Power Systems", Plenum Press, New York, 1984.
- Recommended practice for the design of reliable industrial and commercial power systems, IEEE Std 493, 2007.
- Tomi Hakala, "The utilization potential of LVDC distribution system in the Vattenfall distribution network", Tampere University of Technology, 2011.
- J. J. Burke, Power Distribution Engineering, 1994.
- T. Coyle, R. G. Arno, "Application of the minimal cut set reliability analysis methodology to the gold book standard network", Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference IEEE, pp.82-93, May. 2002.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)