- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the High Efficiency Bi-directional DC/DC Converter Topology Using Multi-Phase Interleaved Method
Multi-Phase 인터리브드 방식을 이용한 고효율 양방향 DC/DC 컨버터 토폴로지에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2015.01.22
- Published : 2015.02.28
This paper proposes an efficient bi-directional DC/DC converter topology using multi-phase interleaved method for power storage system. The proposed converter topology is used for a power storage system using a vanadium redox flow battery(VRFB) and is configured to enable bidirectional power flow for charging and discharging of VRFB. Proposed DC/DC converter of the 4 leg method is reduced to 1/4 times the rating of the reactor and the power semiconductor device so can be reduce the system size. Also, proposed topology is obtained the effect of four times the switching frequency as compared to the conventional converter in each leg with a 90 degree phase shift 4 leg method. This can suppress the reduction of the life of the secondary battery because it is possible to reduce the current ripple in accordance with the charging and discharging of VRFB and may increase the efficiency of the entire system. In this paper, it proposed bidirectional high-efficiency DC/DC converter topology Using multi-phase interleaved method and proved the validity through simulations and experiments.
Redox Flow Battery;Power Storage System;Bidirectional Converter;Phase shift;Coupled Inductor;High Efficiency
- K. Huang, X. Li, S. Liu, N. Tan, and L. Chen, "Research progress of vanadium redox flow battery for energy storage in China'Renewable Energy", 33, 186, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2007.05.025
- H. S. Choi, J. C, Ryu, G. J. Hwang, . J.,21(2),107, 2011.
- Chang SooJin, "Battery forLargeScale Energy Storage", KIC News,13,2, 2010.
- M. S. Kazacos, D. Kasherman, D. R. Hong and M. Kazacos, "Characteristic and Performance of 1kW․UNSW Vanadium Redox Battery", J. Power Sources, 35, 399. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7753(91)80058-6
- S. J. Ohoi, J. H. Jeong, Y. C. Shin, M. S. Lee, D. H. Chu, C. H., Kim, and K. P. Park, "haracteristics of Poly(aryleneether sulfone) Membrane for Vanadium Redox Flow Battery," Korean Chem. Eng. Res.(HWAHAK KONGHAK), 51, 671-676, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2013.51.6.671
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., Power system solution with vanadium redox-flow batery (V-RFB), Presentation paper, 2010.
- Prifti, H., Parasuraman, A., Winardi, S., Lim, T. M. and Skyllas-Kazacos, M., "embranes for Redox Flow Battery Applications," Membranes, 2, 275-306, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3390/membranes2020275
- Chen, D., Hickner, M. A., Agar, E. and Kumbur, E. C., "elective Anion Exchange Membranes for High Coulombic Efficiency Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries," Electrochem. Com., 26, 37-40, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elecom.2012.10.007
- H. S. Choi, J. C. Kim C. H. Ryu, G. J. Hwang, "Research review of the all vanadium redox-flow battery for large scale power storage", Member J., Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 107-117, 2011.
- I. Y. Jang, O. H. Kweon, K. E. Kim, G. J. Hwang, S. B. Moon and A. S. Kang, "Covalently cross-linked sulfonated poly(ether ketone)tungstophosphoric acid composite membranes for water electrolysis application", J. Power Source, 181, 127, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2008.03.022
- Y. Lyu, H. Lin. "Control of Bidirectional DC/AC Converter for Redox Flow Battery Energy Storage System" in Proc. IEEE ECCE, pp.2120-2127, 2012.
- T. Zhou and B. Francois, "Energy management and power control of a hybrid active wind generator for distributed power generation and grid integration," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 95-104, 2011.
- M. Ahmadi, K. Shenai. "New, Efficient, Low-Stress Buck/Boost Bidirectional DC-DC Converter", in Proc. IEEE Energy Tech, pp.1-6, 2012.