- Volume 29 Issue 2
There are provision for risk analysis in IEC standards. It is to determine the need for installation of a surge protection device (SPD) in order to protect the low-voltage electrical installations from overvoltages caused by atmospheric phenomena and the like. However, scattered many related standards, the lack of details are not easy to apply it in the field. We investigated the relevant domestic and international standards for applies to the international standards in domestic. And we proposed the flow chart for determining the need for protection of the low-voltage electrical installations from overvoltage due to atmospheric phenomena and it set the appling target facility.
Low-Voltage Electrical Installations;Overvoltage Protection;Lightening Protection System;Surge;Risk Assessment
- IEC 60364-4-44, Low-Voltage Electrical Installations - Part 4-44: Protection for safety - Protection against voltage disturbances and electromagnetic disturbances, 2007.
- Ju-Cheol Lee, Young-Chul Lee, Jun-Taek Kim, Risk analysis for determine the need of SPD installation, Fall Conference of The KIIEE, p.146-p.147, 2012.
- IEC 61643-12, Low-voltage surge protective devices- Part 12: Surge protective devices connected to low-voltage power distribution systems-Selection and application principles, 2008.
- Hae-Sup Shim, Bok-Hee Lee, Features of transient overvoltage observed at 22.9kV consumer's substation, Journal of KIIEE, Vol.28, No.9, 2014.
- IEC 62305-2, Protection Against Lightning -Part 2: Risk management, 2010.
- IET, BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations, 2008.
- IEC, 64/1957 CDV, Amendment 1 to IEC 60364-4-44: Low-voltage electrical installations-part 4-44: Protection for safety- Protection against voltage disturbances and electromagnetic disturbances, 2014.
Supported by : 국토해양부