- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimal Use of Silent Discharge Type Ozonizer in Purification Plant
정수장의 무성방전형 오존발생기 최적활용방안에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.01.09
- Published : 2015.03.31
There are 5 purification plants with the adopted advanced water purification treatment process in Korea. Annual operating costs were 8,990 million won including purchase cost of oxygen and power usage charges. We need research to optimize, in the future, when considering the direction of domestic water treatment continues to adopt advanced water treatment process. In this paper, calculate the optimal operating costs by injected the oxygen gas, used power cost. approximately 25% of the operating costs can be reduced when injected the ozone gas is 1.0ppm than 2.0ppm, the necessary amount of oxygen is increased then power is lower. so operating costs are decided according to oxygen costs. On the other hand, high ozone concentration 2.0ppm, the necessary power is increased then amount of oxygen is lower. Therefore, in the case of G purification plant, the controlling factor of the input ozone concentration 2ppm, PID control operation by setting the concentration of over 10Wt% is efficient. The installed capacity is the more little the more better when considering on Ozone injection rate in the process of water treatment.
Ozone;Silent Discharge;Advanced Water Purification
- Ozone and advanced oxidation operating manual, K-water (2010).
- Ozone(1985)/ M. Horvath [Elsevier].
- Handbook of Ozone Technology and Application/ Rip. G. Rice [Butter Worth Publishers].
- B.Eliasson, I.Kogelschatz, "Modeling and Applications of Silent Discharge Plasmas", IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol 19, No.2, pp309-323, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/27.106829
- A Jawored, A Krupa and T Czech, "Back-corona generated plasme for decomposition of hydrocarbon gaseous contaminants", J. Phys. D:Appl. Phys. Vol 29, pp.2439-2446, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/29/9/031
- Muaffaq A. Jani, K. Takaki, and T. Fujiwara, "Low-voltage operation of a plasma reactor for exhaust gas treatment by dielectric barrier discharge", REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, Vol 69, No.4, pp. 1847-1849, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1148854
- R.H.Amirov, J. O. Chae, Y. N. Dessiaterik, E.A. Filimonova and M.B. "Remmoval of NOx and SO2 from Air Excited by Streamer Corona : Experimental Results and Modelingl", Jpn. J. Appt. Phys. Vol 37, No.6A, pp. 3521-3529, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.37.3521
- R. Peyrous, "The Effect Of Relative Humidity On Ozone Production By Corona Discharge In Oxygen or Air" Ozone Science and Engineering, Vol.12 pp.19-40, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/01919519008552453
- Kwang-Sik Lee, Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun,Ozone generation characteristics of a piled plate-type ozonizer Vol.21C, No.1, pp.33-37, FEB 2002 KIEE.
LEE, MOON-KEE, PARK INGIL, RYU KIWON, LEE SUNGGAP, LEE YOUNGHIE "A Study on the Microwave Dielectric Properties of
$A12O_3$Ceramics Resonator added with Impurities", KIEEME pp.64-67, 1997.
- Fayzur Rahman, Byung-Joon Chun, Kwang-Sik Lee, Dong-In Lee "Effect of temperature on the performance characteristics of a pin-cylinder discharge type ozonizer Vol.2-C, No.4, pp.201-207, AUG 2002, KIEE.
- Byung-Joon Chun, Sang-Keun Lee, Kwang-Sik Lee, "Ozone Generation Characteristics of a Piled Plate-Type Ozonize", KIEE Intertional Trans. on EA, 12C, No.1,pp.33-37, 2002.
- Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun, Kwang-Sik Lee, Temperature Dependent Characteristics Combined Discharge Type Ozonizer(CDO) Vol.3-C, No.3, pp.106-112, AUG 2003, KIEE.
- Kwang-Sik Lee, Sang-Keun Lee, Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun, "The Characteristics of Ozone Generation in Superposed Discharge type Ozonizer", Proceedings of 1998 Korea-Japan Joint symposium on ED and HVE, pp.99-102, 1998.
- Kyung-Su Mun, "The Characteristics of Showering Discha Type Ozonizer System for NOx Remova"Youngnam Univ. 2000.
- Advanced water treatment operating costs, K-water, (2013).
- Moo Been Chang, "Experimental Study on Ozone Synthesis via Dielectric Barrier Discharges", Ozone Science and Engineering, Vol.19, pp.241-254, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/01919519708547304
- Schweckendiek, J., and Stiehl, H. H. : Characteristic and performance of high-yield ozonizers, 10th Ozone World Congress, proceedings, Vol 2, 207-208(1991).
- Ozonization Manual for Water & Wastewater (1982) W.J.Masschelein [Jhon Wiley &Sons].