- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis for the Reactive Power Changes of Induction Machines According to Rotation Speed
회전속도에 따른 유도기의 무효전력 변화 분석
- Received : 2014.12.22
- Accepted : 2015.01.22
- Published : 2015.03.31
Induction machine requires a rotating magnetic field for energy conversion. The current to generate a rotating magnetic field is the magnetization current. This magnetization current corresponds to the reactive power. Reactive power is higher than active power at start-up of induction motor. As the rotation speed is increased, their magnitudes are reversed each other. The active power is higher than the reactive power at near the synchronous speed. This paper is dealing with the analysis result for the changes of the magnetizing current and reactive power when the induction machine is operating as a motor or generator near synchronous speed.
Exciting Current;Induction Machines;Magnetization Current;Reactive Power;Rotation Speed
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Characteristics for Current and Power of Induction Motor by Load Variation", KIIEE, Vol.25, No.8, pp.82-87, 2011, Aug.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Research on Self-excitation and Power Factor Compensation of Induction Motor", KIEE, Vol.63P, pp.236-240, No.4, 2014.
- 朴旻鎬, 誘導機器, 東明社, pp.315, 1990.
- 日本 電氣學會 電氣專門用語集 No.22, 回轉機, 1990.
- Young-Kuk Kim, Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Study on the Operation Characteristic of Induction Generator in the small Hydropower Plant", KIEE, Vol.62, pp.632-638, No.5, 2013.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Young-Jeen Park, Il-Jung Kim, Young-Kuk Kim, "Characteristics Analysis of Induction Generator with a Change in Rotor Speed", KIEE, Vol.60, No.12, pp.2225-2229, 2011, Dec.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim et al., "Activation Strategy of Hydropower Development as New & Renewable energy", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 1231-1232, 2010.7.
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, "Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators", CRC Press, 2004.