- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A preliminary Study and suggested Evaluation Methodology for the Improved Fashion Shop Lighting Design using Museum Lighting Design
박물관 전시조명 방식을 적용한 패션 매장의 조명환경 개선에 관한 사전 연구 및 평가방법론 제안
Ko, Tae-Kyoung;Kim, In-Tae;Choi, An-Seop
- Received : 2015.01.27
- Accepted : 2015.03.06
- Published : 2015.04.30
Lighting in a fashion shop has an effect on customers, highlights the products on the shelf, and has become more important. Even though lighting has a significant effect on customers, the studies on fashion shop lighting have primarily focused on how to create lighting which can influence customers' purchase behavior, and their awareness and expectation. On the contrary, it's been hard to find a study on a quantified fashion shop lighting plan considering customer confidence. In a current fashion shop lighting plan, display lighting is planned indiscreetly. Therefore, this study conducted an investigation of the light environment of the current fashion shop and museum exhibits lighting. Through such processes, the possibility of applying fashion store display lighting environments was investigated. Finally, for the assessment of museum exhibitions lighting applying fashion store display lighting environments, a subjective evaluation method using light simulation was proposed.
Fashion Shop Lighting;Museum Exhibit Lighting;Display Lighting
- Kwon, Hye Jin, Sin, Kyung Ju, A Store Plan for Women's Wear Retail Shop, Korean Institute of Interior Design journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 85-88, 2009.
- Kim, Yu Kyung, A Study on Gradation Coloring Technique Expressed in Hair Trends, The Korea Society of Design Culture journal, vol.19, no. 4, pp. 701-713, 2013.
- Kim, Yu Kyung, Hong, Su Jung, A Study on VMD of Small-Scale Fashion Brand Retail Shops in New York, Brand Design Association of Korea, vol.10, no.3, pp. 29-42, 2012.
- Kim, Yeon Ha, A Study of Fashion Shops' Interior Lighting Environments, Master Graduation Thesis, 2001.
- Teresa A Summers, Shedding some light on store atmospherics Influence of illumination on consumer behavior, Journal of Business Research, vol.54, Issue2, pp.145-150, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(99)00082-X
- Jung, Hyun, Park, Hwa Soon, Fashion Retail Store Lighting: Consumers' Expectation and Awareness, Korea Society of Basic Design & Art journal, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 515-523, 2012.
- Jung, Hyun, Park, Hwa Soon, Lighting Conditions and Consumer's Evaluation on SPA Fashion Store Lighting, Korea Society of Basic Design & Art journal, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 393-403, 2013.
- Thomas Schielke, Impact of lighting design on brand image for fashion retail stores, Lighting Research & Technology,, pp.1-21, 2014.
- Farida Dida Mouhoubi, The effects of retail store lighting and shelf height on consumer' feeling of safety and behavior, Master Thesis, 2014.
- Kim, Hyun Ji, An, Ok Hee, An Experimental Study on the Influence of the Display Effect by Local Light, The Korean Institute Of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers journal, vol. 8, no. 5, pp.24-33, 1994.
- Pieter Custers, Yvonne de Kort, Wijnand IJsselsteijn, ME de Kruiff, Lighting in retail environments: Atmosphere perception in the real world, Lighting Research & Technology, vol.42, no3, pp.331-43, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/1477153510377836
- Onder Barl1, Mehmet Aktan1, Bilsen Bilgili, Senol Dane, Lighting, Indoor Color, Buying Behavior and Time Spent in a Store, Color Research & Application, Volume 37, Issue 6, pp.465-468, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/col.20695
- Rea Mark Stanley, The IESNA Lighting Handbook Reference & Application (9th ed), New York: Illuminating Engineering society of North America, pp.1-30, 2000.
- Kim, Hong Beom, Display Lighting, Modern History of Korean Architecture, 2004.
- SAMSUNG C&T, LIGHTING STORY WITH THEME, 2006
- Jung, Han Ho, A Study on Lighting Design Condition in Museum Exhibition, The Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, vol. 7, no. 13, pp.35-46, 2005.
- Korea Ministry of Culture & Study of lighting environmental standards of exhibition and storage space in museum, 1996.
- Steve A Fotios, Ccatheryn Cheal, A comparison of simultaneous and sequential brightness judgements, Lighting Research and Technology, vol.42, no2, pp.183-197, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/1477153509355506
- Park, Young Jae, Lightscape REALITY, Digital books, 2002.
- Hong, Ei Jae, Lightscape REALITY II, Digital books, 2004.
- Simulation and perceptual evaluation of fashion shop lighting design with application of exhibition lighting techniques vol.9, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12273-016-0312-5
Supported by : 한국연구재단