- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Reliability Analysis in LVDC Distribution System Considering Power Quality
전력품질을 고려한 LVDC 배전계통의 신뢰도 분석
Noh, Chul-Ho;Kim, Chung-Mo;Kim, Doo-Ung;Gwon, Gi-Hyeon;Oh, Yun-Sik;Han, Jun;Kim, Chul-Hwan
- Received : 2014.12.12
- Accepted : 2015.02.27
- Published : 2015.04.30
Recently, DC-based power system is being paid attention as the solution for energy efficiency. As the example, HVDC (High Voltage DC) transmission system is utilized in the real power system. On the other hand, researches on LVDC (Low Voltage DC) distribution system, which are including digital loads, are not enough. In this paper, reliability in LVDC distribution system is analyzed according to the specific characteristics such as the arrangement of DC/DC converters and the number of poles. Furthermore, power quality is also taken account of since LVDC distribution system includes multiple sensitive loads and electric power converters. In order to achieve this, LVDC distribution systems are modeled using ElectroMagnetic Transient Program (EMTP) and both the minimal cut-set method and Customer Interruption Cost (CIC) are used in the reliability analysis.
Bipolar;Customer Interruption Cost;DC/DC converter;LVDC Distribution System;Reliability;Unipolar
- Yun-Sik Oh, Jun Han, Gi-Hyeon Gwon, Doo-Ung Kim, Chul-Ho Noh, Tack-Hyun Jung, Chul-Hwan Kim, "Analysis of Human Safety and System Effect according to Grounding Scheme in LVDC Distribution System", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.63, No.5, pp.608-614, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.5.608
- Hee-Tae Lee, Jong-Fil Moon,, Kyu-Hwan Seol, Sang-Yun Yun, Jae-Chul Kim, "Evaluation of Reliability Worth Considering Sustained Interruptions and Voltage Sags", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.22, No.5, pp.13-20, May 2008.
- L. Goel, R. Billinton, R.Gupta, "Basic Data and Evaluation of Distribution System Reliability Worth", WESCANEX '91 'IEEE Western Canada Conference on Computer, Power and Communications Systems in a Rural Environment, May 1991.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for the Design of Reliable Industrial and Commercial Power Systems, IEEE Standard 493, 2007.
- Timothy Coyle, Robert G. Arno, Peyton S. Hale, "Application of the Minimal Cut Set Reliability Analysis Methodology to the Gold Book Standard Network", Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference, May 2002.
- Kyoung-Ho Lee, "The Trend and Safety Measures of DC Distribution", KIPE Magazine, Vol.14, No.2, pp.21-26, April 2009.
- Kyu-Hwan Seol "Evaluation of Power Distribution System Reliability Worth considering Voltage Sags caused by Reclosing", Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. Soongsil, 2007.
- Pasi Salonen, Tero Kaipia, Pasi Nuutinen, Pasi Peltoniemi, Jarmo Partanen, "An LVDC Distribution System Concept", Nordic Workshop on Power and Industrial Electronics(NORPIE/2008), June 2008.
- Tero Kaipia, Pasi Salonen, Jukka Lassila, Jarmo Partanen, "Possibilities of the Low Voltage DC Distribution Systems", Nordac, Nordic Distribution and Asset Management Conference. 2006.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality, IEEE Standard 1159, 2009.
- Kyoung-Ho Lee, "Low Voltage DC Distribution Technology for the Green Building", KIPE Magazine, Vol.15, No.5, pp.32-39, 2010.
- Michael P. Bahrman, "Overview of HVDC Transmission", 2006 IEEE PSCE, pp.18-23, 2006.
- The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Distribution Engineering, Bookshill, 2011.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)