- Volume 29 Issue 4
This paper proposed a optimal current control method to improve efficiency of BLDC motors. The aim of the proposed method is to use the maximum torque operating method by increasing the effective voltage at the maximum torque point unlike existing SPM operating method. The proposed method is based on existing IPM maximum torque operating method grafting onto a square wave operating of SPM motors. As the method of increasing the effective output voltage from inverter using the maximum torque point, the proposed method is to improve efficiency of BLDC motors using the same amount of the existing current effectively. For this method, the maximum torque point is carried out by FEA and analysis of magnetic flux vector. In this paper, the prototype of general-purpose BLDC drive is manufactured and the performance characteristic and validity are verified.
Brushless DC Motor;Optimal Current;Maximum Torque;Motor Drive
- Seun-Gun Lee, Dae-kyong Kim, Seung-Hak Yang, Young-Cheol Lim, "A Study on Low-Cost Sensorless Drive of Brushless DC Motor for Compressor Using Random PWM", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.22, No.10, pp.97-103, October 2008. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2008.22.10.097
- Yuen-Chung Kim, Yong-Ho Yoon, Hack-Seong Kim, Byuong-Kuk Lee, Chung-Yuen Won, Jang-Sung Chun, "Sensorless Precision Speed Control of PM BLDC Motor", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.20, No.1, pp.48-56, January 2006.
- Sun-Ki Hong, "A Study on Starting Characteristics Improvement of Sensorless BLDC Motor", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.19, No.5, pp.54-59, July 2005. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2005.19.5.054
- A.H.Niasar, H.Moghbeli, E.B.Kashani, "A Low-Cost Sensorless BLDC Motor Drive using One-Cycle Current Control Strategy," Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), pp.659-664, May. 2014.
- Jung-Hyo Lee, Taek-Ki Lee, Young-Ryul Kim, Chung-Yuen Won, "Control Algorithm for PMSM using Rectangular Two Hall Sensors Compensated by Sensorless Control Method", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.26, No.5, pp.40-47, May 2012.
- Mei Ying, Pan Zaiping, "A Novel Starting Method of Senstorless BLDC Motor for Electric Vehicles," International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, pp. 3212-3215, Jul. 2010.
- Pillai, N.S, Vipin, A.M, Radhakrishnan, R, "Analysis and simulation studies for position sensorless BLDC motor drive with initial rotor position estimation," International Conference on Nascent Technologies in the Engineering Field (ICNTE), pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Yuen-Chung Kim, Yong-Ho Yoon, Byoung-Kuk Lee, Hack-Seong Kim, Chung-Yuen Won, Jang-Sung Chun, "Rotor Position Estimation of 3-Phase PM BLDC Motor by 2Hall-IC, 1Hall-IC", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.20, No.4, pp.56-64, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2006.20.4.056
- Ming Lu, Yaohua Li, "New Design for Sensorless BLDC Motor Using Half-Bridge Driver Circuit," International Conference on E-Product E-Service and E-Entertainment (ICEEE), pp. 1-4, Nov. 2010.
- Jianwen Shao, Nolan, D, Hopkins, T, "Improved direct back EMF detection for sensorless brushless DC (BLDC) motor drives," Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, vol. 1, pp. 300-305, Feb. 2003.
- Hyun-Hun Shin, Ju Lee, "(Driving Characteristic Analysis of Brushless DC Motor Considering PWM Mode", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.19, No.4, pp.98-107, June 2005. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2005.19.4.098
- Tao Yu, Sung-Geun Song, Se-Min Kim, Kwang-Heon Kim, Sung-Jun Park, "BLDC Motor Control System using ASK DC-link PLC Technology", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.23, No.3, pp.45-52, March 2009.
Supported by : 한국연구재단