- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Secondary Optical System Design for Omnidirectional LED Bulb
전방향으로 발광하는 LED Bulb를 위한 2차 광학계 설계
Jang, Jae-Hyeon;Yun, Soon-Hwa;Maeng, Pil-Jae;Yu, Yong-Moon;Kim, Jong-Tae
- Received : 2015.01.04
- Accepted : 2015.03.02
- Published : 2015.05.29
Secondary optical system designed for LED bulb which emits light in all directions was simulated with Energy Star standards. Components of the optical system were LED light source, the cover of the LED bulb and reflector which is to confirm the diffuser plate and LightTools software was used to design the illumination optics. The main points of the secondary optical system design are the location of the LED light source, the shape of the LED bulb cover, the location of the reflection plate, and the scattering properties of the diffusing plate. Mechanism of the LED bulb is that the light emitted from the light source move on to the backward after reflected by the coated light cover from the inside and then the reflected light is scattered by the diffuser plate. The LED bulb was designed to satisfy the standard light distribution and color specifications of the Energy Star(IES LM-79-08).
- Youn-mi Park, Myung-koon Lee, "Feasibility Analysis on Replacing LED Lighting with Incandescent Bulbs in Public Institution", Climate Change Research, Vol. 1, No.3, pp. 205-210, 2010.
- Chi-hun Kim, "LED Light, To be the light of future", LGERI Report, pp. 2-19, 3. Jun. 2009.
- Gi-hoon Kim, Sung-joong Kim, Yu-sin Kim, Kyung-ho Shin, Hyun-sik Kim, Sang-bin Song, Min-ki Kwon, "A Study of Optical design of LED Bulb for Upper Hemispherical intensity distribution from LED PKG on Flat PCB" The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, pp. 157-158, May. 2013.
- "Program Requirements for Integral LED Lamps Eligibility Criteria - Version 1.4", United States Environmental Protection Agency, 2012.
- In-tae Kim, An-seop Choi, "Analysis on the Range of White Light according to MacAdam Ellipses Steps", The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, pp. 108-109, 19. Oct. 2012.
- Yu-sin Kim, Ho-june Bae, Gi-hoon Kim, Hyun-sik Kim, Sang-bin Song, "Analysis of the Electrical and Optical Properties in Omnidirectional LED Bulbs by Energy Star", Journal of KIEEME vol. 25, No.9, 99. 750-754, Sep. 2012.
- Bum-sik Seo, Ki-joung Lee, Young-seek Cho, dea-Hee Park, "A Study on Improving the Efficiency of a Heat Dissipation Design for 30W COB LED Light Source" Journal of KIEEME, pp. 158-163, Feb. 2013.
- "XLamp CXA1512 LED data sheet", Cree, 7, Nov. 2014.
- Gyeung-ju Park, "Optical Design and Characterization of LCD Backlight Unit with RGB LEDs" Yeungnam Unicersity, Graduate School, Department of Physics, June. 2012.
Supported by : 부경대학교