- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Controllable Snubber for Switching Loss Reduction in Interleaved Fly-Back Converter
인터리브드 플라이 백 컨버터의 스위칭 손실 감소를 위한 제어형 스너버에 관한 연구
Park, Chang-Seok;Jung, Tae-Uk
- Received : 2014.11.25
- Accepted : 2015.02.26
- Published : 2015.05.29
This paper proposes a new switching algorithm for an controllable clamp snubber to improve the efficiency of a fly-back converter system. This system uses an controllable clamp method for the snubber circuit for the efficiency and reliability of the system. However, the active clamp snubber circuit has the disadvantage that system efficiency is decreased by switch operating time because of heat loss in resonance between the snubber capacitor and leakage inductance. To address this, this paper proposes a new switching algorithm. The proposed algorithm is a technique to reduce power consumption by reducing the resonance of the snubber switch operation time. Also, the snubber switch is operated at zero voltage switching by turning on the snubber switch before main switch turn-off. Experimental results are presented to show the validity of the proposed controllable clamp control algorithm.
Switching Algorithm;Clamp Snubber;ZVS;Boost Converter;Resonance
- Chang-Seok Park, June-Woo Jo, Tae-Uk Jung, "New Active clamp Technique for Switching Losses Reduction of MIC Systems" Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2013 International Conference on, pp.1697-1701,Oct.2013.
- J. T. Bialasiewicz, "Renewable energy systems with photovoltaic power generators: operation and modeling," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 7, pp.2752-2758, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.920583
- U. A. Miranda, M. Aredes, and L. G. B. Rolim, "A dq synchronous reference frame control for single-phase converters," in IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf. (PESC), pp. 1377-1381, 2005.
- N. Lakshminarasamma and V. Ramanarayanan, "A unified model for the ZVS DC-DC converters with active clamp," J. Indian Inst. Sci., vol. 86, pp. 99-112, Mar. 2006.
- C. M. C. Duarte and I. Barbi, "An improved family of ZVS-PWM activeclamping DC-to-DCconverters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1-7, Jan. 2002.
- Soo-Sheol Shin, Hee-Jun Lee, Suk-Jin Hong, Hak-Sung Kim, Chung-Yuen Won, "The Dual Design of Fuel Cell Hybrid Power System using Dual Converter PCS", J Korean Inst. Illum. Electr. Install. Eng., vol 27, no 7, pp. 67-75., Jul. 2013.
- Min Chen and Jian Sun, "Reduce order averaged modeling of activeclamp converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 487-494, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.869761
- N. D. Benavides and P. L. Chapman, "Modeling the effect of voltage ripple on the power output of photovoltaic modules," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 2638-2643, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.921442
- Xia Xintao,"Evaluation of Potential for Developing Renewable Sources of Energy to Facilitate Development Developing Countries," Power and Energy Engineering Conference., pp.1-3, Mar.2010.
- Mac-Cheol Jo, Sang-Pil Mun, Chil-Ryong Kim, Ki-Young Suh, Soon-Kurl Kwon, "Characteristics Analysis of Soft Switching PWM Converter Using a New Active snubber", J Korean Inst. Illum. Electr. Install. Eng, vol21, no 3, pp. 44-49., Mar. 2007.
- Myrzik, J.M.A., "Novel inverter topologies for single-phase stand-alone or grid-connected photovoltaic systems", Power Electronics and Drive Systems, 2001. Proceedings., 2001 4th IEEE International Conference on, vol. 1, pp. 103-108, Oct. 2001.
Supported by : 한국연구재단