- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Induced Surge Voltage of Electric Car Line affected by Lightning in Rapid-Transit Railway System
고속철도시스템에서 낙뢰로 인해 전차선에 유도되는 서지전압의 해석
Lee, Sung-Gyen;Lee, Kun-A;Ko, Kwang-Cheol
- Received : 2014.12.02
- Accepted : 2015.03.13
- Published : 2015.05.29
Lightning is one of hazards affecting the rapid-transit railway system. There are two effects, which are direct lightning surge to electric car line and induced lightning surge. Protection methods for the direct lightning surge are studied with various occasions, however, study of induced lightning surge is insufficient in spite of a large or small effects. In this paper, it is analysed the way that serge voltage is induced to electric car line by lightning strikes. By modeling the propagation process and the coupling phenomenon of electromagnetic wave produced by lightning strikes, it is achieved to make integrative circuit model combined with existing electric car model. The study is conducted into three different waveform of electromagnetic wave produced by lightning; rectangular wave, double exponential distribution wave, triangle wave. It is also simulated that the inducing serge is coupled to electric car line in an arbitrary location. The simulation results in that, when rapidly changing rectangular wave is supplied, maximum power is induced to electric car line.
Lighting;Iinduced Lightning Surge;Rapid-Transit Railway System;Electric Car Line
- K. I. Park, S. H. Chang, C. K. Choi, "Fault Location Estimation Algorithm in the Railway High Voltage Distribution Lines Using Flow Technique", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 22 (2), pp. 71-79, 2008.
- M. A. Haddad, V. A. Rakov, and S. A. Cummer, "New measurements of lightning electric fields in Florida: Waveform Characteristics, interaction with the ionosphere, and peak current estimates", Jour. of Geophysical Research, 117 (D10101), 2012.
- S. J. Rim, J. C. Kim, D. W. Choo, Y. C. Chong, S. H. Chang, "Shielding Effects of an Overhead Ground Wire in the Electric Railway Systems due to Direct Lightning Strokes", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 15 (3), pp. 91-96, 2001.
- B. H. Lee, S. M. Kang, J. H. Eom, S. C. Lee, S. G. Kim, "Wet Flashover Characteristics and Reform Measure of a Conventional Lightning Rod against Lightning Impulse Voltages", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 16 (3), pp. 93-100, 2002. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2002.16.3.093
- F. Rachidi, "A Review of Field-to-Transmission Line Coupling Models With Special Emphasis to Lightning-Induced Voltage on Overhead Lines", IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., 54 (4), pp. 898-911, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEMC.2011.2181519
- C. A. Nucci, R. Rachidi, "On the Contribution of the Electromagnetic Field Components in Field-to- Transmission Line Interaction", IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., 37 (4), pp. 505-508, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/15.477334
- K. T. Kim, J. S. Kwak, D. J. Kweon, K. S. Koo, J. W. Woo, "A Study on the Effects of Line Constants Models for the Overvoltage Analysis in EMTP", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24 (10), pp. 33-41, 2010.
- David K. Cheng, Field and Wave Electromagnetics 2nd : Plane Electromagnetic Waves, pp.357, Addison Wiley. 1989.
- S. G. Lee, Y. M. Cho, K. C. Ko, "The Influence on Traction Return Current by Pantagraph Detachment Frequency of High-speed Train", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 28 (9), pp. 8-13, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2014.28.9.008
- K. A. Lee, K. C. Ko, "Propagation Model of High-Power Electromagnetic Pulse by Using a Serial-Parallel Resistors Circuit", IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 42 (10), pp. 3309-3312, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2014.2342794
- Paul W. Smith, Transient Electronics : Pulsed circuit technology, pp.41-70, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2002.
Grant : 친환경 전기 에너지 변환 및 관리 기술