- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Load Following Characteristics of Generators during Start-up of Induction Motor Load in Isolated System
독립계통에서 유도전동기 부하의 기동시 발전기의 안정적 부하추종에 관한 연구
Shin, Ho-Jeon;Huh, Jae-Sun;Kim, Jae-Chul
- Received : 2015.01.07
- Accepted : 2015.03.02
- Published : 2015.05.29
Recently, not only in the Middle East and Southeast Asia but in African area, too, industrial plant construction is being actually done. But unlike in Korea, a lot of them are small-scale isolated industrial plants. And because of the characteristics of industrial plants, induction motors' load forms a large part. The influence of stability resulted from the maneuver and operation of induction motors' load may lead to serious result in the isolated system. This study analyzed it through mathematical modeling on induction motors' maneuver phenomena in the isolated system, realized a case system with the E-TAP program, and simulated load follow performances according to the control variables of a generator inside the isolated system.
Induction Motor;E-TAP;Industrial Plants;Isolated System
- F.Iliceto, A.Ceyhan, G.Ruchstuhl, "Behavior of loads during voltage dips encountered instability studies. Field and Laboratory Tests", IEEE Winter Power Meeting, New York, 1975, p. 2470 - p. 2476.
- MAURICE H. KENT and WAYNE R. SCHMUS, et al., "Dynamic Modeling of Loads in Stability Studies" IEEE Trans, Power Syst, Vol. PAS-88, No 5, MAY 1969.
- Graham J. Rogers, John Di Manno, Robert T.H. Alden, S.M., "AN AGGREGATE INDUCTION MOTOR MODEL FOR INDUSTRIAL PLANTS", IEEE Trans, Power Syst. Vol. PAS-103, No. 4, p. 683-p. 690, April 1984. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1984.318313
- V Chuvychin, N Gurov, S Rubcov, "Adaptive Underfrequency Load Shedding and Underfrequency Load Restoration System", Power Tech, 2005 IEEE Trans, Power Syst.
- L.D.Sterninson, "Transient processes during power system frequency and power control", Moscow, Energija 1975, 216 pp.
- Kundur., Power System Stability and Control, p. 128 - p. 136, p-426-428.
- Arrillaga, J. and et al., Comupter Modelling of electical Power Systems, p.284 - p.288, John Wiley & Sons, 1983.
- Bong-Hee Kim, "An Evaluation on Change in Power System Stability Analysis Result due to Difference on Load Model", KIEE Conference, 2000. 7.
- Electrical Transient Analysis Program Guide 12.5, 2014.