- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Accuracy-Enhancement of Optical Simulation for a White LED Based on Phosphors
백색 LED 패키지용 형광체 광학 시뮬레이션 정확도에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.03.11
- Accepted : 2015.04.16
- Published : 2015.06.30
There has been a critical issue in optical simulation of phosphors in LEDs due to their light-reabsorption properties. To improve the accuracy of optical modeling for a white LED package, we utilized the spectrum data of the phosphor-dispersed encapsulant film instead of the phosphor powder. By measuring white LED packages with green and red phosphors, the maximum difference between simulation and experimental results of a color temperature, a color rendition index number and a color coordinate corresponds to
Optical Simulation;White LED Package;Phosphor
- M.H Shin, J.P Kim "Advanced LED Packaging Technology", Bookshill, 2013.
- Shu-Li Hsiao, Neng-Chung Hu, and Hugo Cornelissen, "Phosphor-converted LED modeling using near-field chromatic luminance data", OPTICS EXPRESS. Vol. 21, no. S2, pp. A250-A261, Mar. 11, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.21.00A250
- Liao Junyuan, Rao Haibo, Wang Wei, Wan Xianlong, Zhou Linsong, Zhou Da, Wang Xuemei, and Lei Qiaolin, "Optical simulation of phosphor layer of white LEDs", J.Semicond. Vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 053008-1-053008-5, May, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1088/1674-4926/34/5/053008
- Hoo Keun Park, Ji Hye Oh, and Young Rag Do, "Toward scatter-free phosphors in white phosphor-converted light-emitting diodes", OPTICS EXPRESS. Vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 10218-10228, Apr, 23, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.20.010218
- Shunsuke FUJITA, Yoshio UMAYAHARA, and Setsuhisa TANABE, "Influence of light scattering on luminous efficacy in Ce:YAG glass-ceramic phosphor", JCS-Japan. Vol. 118, no. 1374, pp. 128-131, 2010.
- Sie-Wook Jeon, Ju Hyun Noh, Ki Hyun Kim, Wan Ho Kim, Changhun Yun, Sang Bin Song, and Jae Pil Kim, "Improvement of phosphor modeling based on the absorption of Skokes shifted light by a phosphor", OPTICS EXPRESS. Vol. 22, no. S2, pp. A1237-A1242, Aug, 25, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.22.0A1237