- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Breakdown Voltage Dispersion and Breakdown Process in Mineral Oil
광유 중 절연파괴전압의 분산과 절연파괴진전 과정의 분석
- Lim, Dong-Young (Research Institute at Hyeong Jin Corp.) ;
- Park, Sung-Gyu ;
- Park, Cheol-Ho ;
- Kim, Ki-Chai ;
- Lee, Kwang-Sik ;
- Choi, Eun-Hyeok (Department of Electricity at Korea Polytechnic VI College)
- Received : 2014.12.23
- Accepted : 2015.04.21
- Published : 2015.06.30
This paper presents a breakdown voltage and a process of breakdown progress in mineral oil under an quasi-uniform field with decomposition products which occur after the oil discharge. The breakdown voltage in the oil revealed the characteristics of dispersion regardless of an electrode gap. The cumulative probability distribution was used to analyze the dispersion of the breakdown voltage. In addition, the process of breakdown progress in the oil can be reasonably described by the electron breakdown theory based on both electrons emitted from the cathode and ions by field-aided dissociation of the oil. The proposed breakdown process will be used for the basic data to explain the behavior pattern of the decomposition product to cause the dispersion of the breakdown voltage.
- R. Sarathi, A. J. Reid and M. D. Judd, "Partial Discharge Study in Transformer Oil due to Particle Movement under DC Voltage using the UHF Technique", Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 78, pp. 1819-1825, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2008.03.022
- Z. Tang, C. Li, Xu C., W. Wang, J. Li, and J. Li, "Partial Discharge Location in Power Transformers Using Wideband RF Detection", IEEE Trans. Electr. Insul., Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1193-1199, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2006.258190
- K. Y. Kim, H. R. Kwak, Y. J. Yun, M. O. NamGung and D. Z. Lee, "A Study on the Aging Diagnosis of Transformer oil by Spectrometric and Electroanalytical Methods", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 15-20, 1998.
- M. Onomoto, Y. Kunitake, S. Ohtsuka, M. Kozako, S. Yuasa, S. Okabe and M. Hikita, "Motion and Size Estimation of a Free Moving Metallic Particle in GIS Based on Propagation Properties of Acoustic Waves", Electr. Eng. Jpn., Vol. 150, No. 1, pp. 26-33, 2005.
- P. M. Eleftherion, "Partial Discharge XXI: Acoustic Emission based PD Source Location in Transformers", IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 22-26, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/57.475905
- Y.S. Kim, K. M. Shong, S. B. Bang, C. M. Kim and M. I. Choi, "Analysis of Image and Development of UV Corona Camera for High-Voltage Discharge Detection", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 69-74, 2011.
- B. S. Kim, J. M. Joung, B. S. Lee, I. K. Song and B. S. Han, "Temperature Rise and Dielectric Characteristics of Distribution Transformers with Over-Loading Operation", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 104-110, 2007.
- T. K. Saha, M. Darveniza, D. J. T. Hill, and T. T. Le, "Electrical and Chemical Diagnostics of Transformers Insulation. B. Accelerated Aged Insulation Samples", IEEE Trans. Power Deliv., Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 1555-1561, 1997.
- K. S. Lee, D. I. Lee, J. H. Ju, Y. G. Lee and E. C. Shin, "A Study on the Discharge Characteristics of Liquid Nitrogen at Atmospheric Pressure", Trans KIEE, Vol. 45, No. 7, pp. 1026-1032, 1996.
- E. H. Choi, K. C, Kim and K. S. Lee, "Breakdown Characteristics of SF6 and Liquefied SF6 at Decreased Temperature", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 765-771, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.765
- Y. Kamata and Y. Kako, "Flashover Characteristics of Extremely Long Gaps in Transformer Oil in der Non-Uniform Field Conditions", IEEE Trans. Electr. Insul., Vol. EI-15, No.1, pp. 18-26, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEI.1980.298292
- T.V. Oommen, "Vegetable Oils for Liquid-Filled Transformers", IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 6-11, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/57.981322
- D. Y. Lim, S. G. Park, C. H. Park, K. C. Kim, K. S. Lee and E. H. Choi, "Effect of Decomposition Product on the Insulation Characteristics of Mineral Oil as Insulation Medium of Distribution Transformer", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 52-59, 2014.
- A. Beroual, M. Zahn, A. Badent, K. Kist, A. J. Schwabe, H. Yamashita, K. Y Amazawa, M. Danikas, W. G. Chadband and Y. Torshin, "Propagation and Structure of Streamers in Liquid Dielectrics", IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 6-17, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/57.662781
- J. Wada, A. Nakajima, H. Miyahara, T. Takuma, S. Yanabu, S. Okabe and M. Kohtoh, "Surface Breakdown Characteristics of Silicone Oil for Electric Power Apparatus", IEEE Trans. Electr. Insul., Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 830-837, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2006.1667742
- Korea Standards Association, "Electrical insulating Oils", KS C 2301, 2006.
- M. Khalifa, "High Voltage Engineering", Marcel Dekker, Inc. pp. 172-177, 1990.