- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Harmonics Effect of Disc-Type Over Current Ground Relay for Emergency Generator Protection
비상발전기 보호용 원판형 지락과전류계전기의 고조파영향에 관한 연구
Kim, Kyung-Chul;Kho, Hun
- Received : 2015.03.03
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.06.30
When an emergency generator is running, it supplies the power for critical loads. Generator protection requires the consideration of many abnormal conditions that may occur with generators include overvoltages and ground faults. Modern day power systems create harmonics within the electrical network that can have an impact upon the associated protective system. This paper focuses on the analysing of the cause and development of a solution for the malfunction of induction disc type overcurrent ground relay by generation of harmonics during emergency generator operation.
Emergency Generator;Overcurrent Ground Relay;Harmonics Effect
- IEEE Std 446-1995, IEEE Recommended Practice for Emergency and Stand by Power Systems for Industrial and Commercial Applications.
- IEEE Std 242-2001, Protection and Coordination of Industrial and Commercial Power System.
- IEEE Std 241-1990, IEEE Recommended Practice for Electric Power.
- IEEE Std 101-2006, IEEE Guide for Generator Ground Protection.
- IEEE Std 141-1993, IEEE Recommended Practice for Electric Power Distribution for Industrial Plants.
- A. medina and M. Cardenas, 'Analysis of the Harmonic Distortion Impact on the Operation of Digital Protection Systems', 2005 IEEE, Power Engineering Society General Meeting.
- A. Al-Zyoud, A. Khrawish and M. Shakarch, 'Protective Relay Performance in a Harmonic Environment', 2006 IEEE, Universities Power Engineering Conference.
- H. Tin, A. Abu-siada and M.S. Masoum, 'Impact of Harmonics on the Performance of Overcurrent Relays', 2011 IEEE, Universities Power Engineering Conference.
- P.M. Donohue and S. Islam, 'The Effect of Nonsinusoidal Current Waveform on Electromechanical and Solid-State Overcurrent Relay Operation', IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2010.
- K. Nadipalli and et al, 'Influence of Harmonic Injections on the performance of Certain Analog and Digital Protection and Regulation Equipment', 2008 IEEE, Power Symposium.
- Jin-Cheol Hong, 'Analysis of Protective Relay Malfunction Systems in Distribution System Interconnected with Distributed Generations', Master Thesis, Jeju National University, 2011.
- Park Gwang Won, 'The Preventive Measure and the Cause Analysis for the Malfunction of Protective Relay by Harmonics in Grid-connected PV Systems', Master Thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, 2010.
- Lee Young Chol, 'Protective Relay System of Distribution Power Utility' Kidari Book Co., 2011.
Supported by : 홍익대학교