- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Countermeasure for Improving the Power Quality using Coordinated Control of BESS on Electric Vehicle connected System
전기 자동차 계통 연계 시 BESS의 협조제어를 이용한 전력품질 향상 대책 개발
- Received : 2015.03.04
- Accepted : 2015.04.09
- Published : 2015.06.30
Energy Storage Systems (ESSs) are essential in the future power systems because they can improve power usage efficiency. In this paper, we propose the countermeasure for improving the power quality using coordinated control of BESS(Battery Energy Storage System) on EV connected system. To verify the performance of proposed scheme, we simulate on the actual power system of KEPCO and compare the results of voltage variation, frequency variation, and load factor with those of uncoordinated control. From the simulation results, we confirm that frequency and voltage deviation are significantly reduced with proposed coordinated control of BESS.
Battery Energy Storage System(BESS);Coordinated Control;Power Quality;Voltage Control;Frequency Control
- Jun-Hyeok Kim, Soon-Jeong Lee, Eung-Sang Kim, Seul-Ki Kim, Chul-Hwan Kim, Laszlo Prikler, "Modeling of Battery for EV using EMTP/ATPDraw", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 9, No. 1, Jan 2014.
- Soon-Jeong Lee, Jun-Hyeok Kim, Doo-Ung Kim, Hyo-Sang Go, Chul-Hwan Kim, Eung-Sang Kim, Seul-Ki Kim, "Evaluation of Voltage and Unbalance due to the System Connection of Electric Vehicles on Distribution System", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, Mar 2014.
- IEC MSB, "Electrical Energy Storage, White Paper", IEC, Dec 2011.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society, "IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality", Jun 2009.
- KEPCO, "Provision of usage for electric equipment on transmission/distribution system", 2014. 08.
- Dong-Soo Kang, Joo-Hee Kim "Research on the actual condition of driving distance in 2008", Korea Transportation Safety Authority.
- Pascal Mercier, Rachid Cherkaoui, Alexandre Oudalov, "Optimizing a Battery Energy Storage System for Frequency Control Application in an Isolated Power System", IEEE Transactions on [ ] Power Systems, Vol. 24, No. 3, Aug 2009.
- Alexandre Oudalov, Daniel Chartouni, Christian Ohler, "Optimizing a Battery Energy Storage System for Primary Frequency Control", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 3, Aug 2007.
- Sandia National Laboratories, "DOE/EPRI 2013 Electricity Storage Handbook in Collaboration with NERCA", Jul 2013.
- Keon-Woo Park, Hun-Chul Seo, Chul-Hwan Kim, Chang-soo Jung, Yeon-Pyo Yoo, Yong-Hoon Lim, "Analysis of the Neutral Current for Two-Step-Type Poles in Distribution Lines", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, pp1483-1489, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2021031
- Korea Smart Grid Institute, "A Research of Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicle", Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy, 2010. 09.
- EPRI, "Electricity Energy Storage Technology Options", Dec 2010.
- The Electricity Advisory Committee, "Bottling Electricity: Storage as a Strategic Tool for Managing Variability and Capacity Concerns in the Modern Grid", Dec 2008.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)