- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Coordination of Cascaded Metal Oxide Varistor-Based Surge Protective Devices
종속 접속된 산화아연바리스터 기반의 서지방호장치의 협조
- Received : 2015.03.11
- Accepted : 2015.04.01
- Published : 2015.06.30
This paper describes the experimental results obtained from various installation conditions of cascaded metal oxide varistor(MOV)-based SPDs with the objectives to analyze the coordination of the cascaded surge protective devices(SPDs) and to propose the proper selection and installation methods of the cascaded SPDs. The residual voltage, discharge current and energy sharing between the upstream and downstream SPDs in the
Metal Oxide Varistor;Surge Protective Device;Energy Coordination;Decoupler;Voltage Protection Level;Cascaded SPDs
- ANSI/IEEE C62.41.1 Guide on the Surge Environment in low - voltage(1000V and less) AC Power Circuits, pp.39 -27, 2002.
- B. H. Lee and S. C. Lee, Protection of Information and Communication Facilities against Lightning, The Publishing Department of Inha University, pp.26-29 pp.128-150, 2004.
- IEC 61643-12; Low-voltage surge protective devices - Part 12 : Surge protective devices connected to low-voltage power distribution systems - Selection and application principles, pp.27-38, 76-82, 2009.
- R. B. Standler, Protection of Electronic Circuits from Overvoltages, John Wiley & Sons, pp.138-140, 1989.
- N. Kokkinos and I. Cotton, "Energy vs Voltage Coordination of Surge Protective Devices", Proc. 29th ICLP, 6c-2-1-24, 2008.
- B. H. Lee, H. K. Shin, "Energy Coordination of Cascaded Voltage Limiting Type Surge Protective Devices", J. KIIEE, Vol.27, No.2, pp.29-35, 2013.
- The Study Committee of IEIEJ, Lightning Protection for Electrical and Electronic Equipment, IEIEJ, pp.265-270, 2011.
- H. K. Shin, "Protection coordination of ZnO varistor based SPDs", Ph.D dissertation, Inha University, Korea, pp.47-48, 2014.
- F. D Martzloff, "The Propagation and Attenuation of Surge Voltages and Surge Currents in Low-Voltage AC Power Circuits", IEEE Trans., Vol.PAS-102, No.5, 1983.
- IEC 60364-5-53; Electrical installations of buildings - Part 5-53 : Selection and erection of electrical equipment - Isolation, switching and control, pp.6-10, 2005.
- IEC 61643-11; Surge protective devices connected to low-voltage power systems - Part 11: Requirements and test methods, pp.16-19, 2011.
- H. K. Shin, B. H. Lee, "Protection Characteristic of Two-Stage Cascaded SPD Systems", KIIEE, Vol.27, No.5, pp.95-103, 2013.
- B. H. Lee, D. M. Lee, D. C. Cheong, S. B. Lee, and S. C. Lee, " Protection Effects According to the Conditions of Installations of SPDs for Information-Oriented Equipments", J. KIIEE, Vol.21, No.1, pp.35-41, 2007.
- IEC 62305-4; Protection against lightning - Part 4 : Electrical and electronic systems within structures, pp. 83-84, 2010.