- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Combining Circuit of New Active EMI Filter
새로운 능동EMI필터의 결합회로에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.03.21
- Accepted : 2015.05.22
- Published : 2015.06.30
Conventional EMI filters have tried to use an active EMI filter as a series by the series connection of two EMI filters for CM and DM noise. However, the proposed filter is formed into one circuit by using the active EMI filter which is able to filter CM and DM noise components together. As a result, the active EMI filter showed the outstanding quality in mass and volume under 50% and electric characteristics have been compared to the passive EMI filter in approximately 150kHz~10MHz. Furthermore, the proposed circuit has simple circuit components by comparing with the series EMI filters, and electrical characteristics are similar. The noise have been attenuated to maximum 20dBuV.
Active EMI Filter;CM Noise;DM Noise
- Wenjie Chen, Weiping Zhang, Xu Yang, Zhiyong Sheng and Zhaoan Wang. An Experimental Study of Commonand Differential-Mode Active EMI Filter Compensation Characteristics, IEEE Transactions On Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 3, August 2009.
- Milind M Jha, Kunj Behari Naik and Shyama P Das. Analysis of Dominant Frequency Ranges for Various Modes of EMI Generated by Switching Converters, IEEE, 2010.
- M.Chiado Caponet, F.Profumo, L.Ferraris, A. Bertoz, D. Marzella. Common and Differential Mode Noise Separation : Comparsion of two Different Approaches, IEEE, 2001.
- Marco Chiado Caponent, Francesco Profumo. Device for the Separation of the Common and Differential Mode Noise : Design and Realization, IEEE, 2002.
- Djilali Hamza and Praveen K. Jain. Conducted EMI Noise Mitigation in DC-DC Converters using Active Filtering Method. IEEE, 2008.
- Dong-Ho Lee, Min-Whan Choi, Chong-Yeon Park, A Study on the Active EMI Filter for LED Driver, Joural of the KIIEE, pp. 62-68, Vol. 29, February 2015.
- Jin-Wan Yoo, In-Ung Jeon, Dong-Ho Lee, Dong-Seok Shin, Chong-Yeun Park. Simulation of the Active EMI Filter for a DM Noise from LED Driver. The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers Spring Conference 2013. pp. 102-103, May 2013.
- Raul Monteiro, Beatriz Borges, Victor Anunciada, EMI Reduction by Optimizing the Output Voltage Rise Time and Fall Time in High-Frequency Soft-Switching Converters. IEEE, 2004.
- Yo-Chan Son, Seung-Ki Sul, Generalization of Active Filters for EMI Reduction and Harmonics Compensation, IEEE Transactions On Industry Applications, Vol. 42, No. 2, March/April 2006.
- Krishna Mainali, Ramesh Oruganti. Conducted EMI Mitigation Techniques for Switch-Mode Power Converters: A Survey, IEEE Transactions on power electronics, Vol. 25. No. 9, September 2010.
- Wenjie Chen, Xu Yang, Zhaoan Wang. An Active EMI Filtering Technique for Improving Passive Filter Low-Frequency Performance. IEEE Transaction on electromagnetic compatibility, Vol. 48, NO. 1, February 2006.
- Dongbing Zhang, Dan Chen, Dan Sable, Non-intrinsic Diffenrential Mode Noise Caused by Ground Current in an Off-line Power Supply. IEEE, 1998.
- Ian Hickman, Analog Electronics. second edition. PLANT a tree. pp. 157. 1999.
- Younhee Lee, Modeling and simulation of conducted EMI noise generated in the electric power converters of the electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Doctor of Philosophy at the university of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, pp. 6. August 2008.
- Shuo Wang, Fred. C. Lee, Willem Gerhardus Odendaal. Characterization, Evaluation, and Design of Noise Separator for Conducted EMI Noise Diagnosis, IEEE Transactions on power electronics, Vol. 20, NO. 4. July 2005.