- Volume 29 Issue 7
This paper propose a variable parameter estimations for variable over current load of five-phase squirrel-cage induction motor(IM) to servo control system. In order to high performance control of AC motor using a field oriented control(FOC) and direct torque control(DTC) algorithm, there are required precise motor parameters for slip calculation, flux observer, controller gain, torque command of current components, rotor position, speed estimation, and so on. We are suggest a analyzed estimation results of the motor parameters that developing five-phase squirrel-cage IM have a stator of concentrated winding for experimental within variable over current load at rated input frequency. There are results of stator winding measurement, no-load test, locked-rotor test, variable over current load test, and estimated parameters of equivalent circuits using manufactured experimental apparatus by IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generators 112-2004.
Five-Phase IM;Equivalent Circuit;No-Load Test;Locked Rotor Test;Variable Over Current Load;Parameter Estimations
- Ayman. S. Abdel-Khalik, Shehab Ahmed, and Ahmed Massoud, "Inverter-Fed Induction Machines-Extraction of Equivalent Circuit Parameters from Synchronous Speed and Locked Rotor Tests', IEEE-ECCE, pp. 256-262, Sep. 2014.
- Min-Huei Kim, "Parameters Estimations of Five-Phase Squirrel-Cage Induction Motor", Trans. of KIEE, Vol. 61P, No. 4, pp. 199-205, Dec. 2012.
- Min-Huei Kim, "Parameters Estimations of Five-Phase Squirrel-Cage Induction Motor in Changing Variable Frequency", Trans. of KIEE, Vol. 63P, No. 4, pp. 1-14, Dec. 2014.
- Min-Huei Kim, Hyung-Woo Jung, Hyun-Jik Song, "Development of Five-Phase Squirrel-Cage Induction Motor of 1.5kW", Trans. of KIIEE, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 57-68, Jan. 2014.
- Min-Huei Kim, Hyung-Woo Jung, Hyun-Jik Song, "Operating Characteristics of Squirrel-Cage Induction Motor of 5-Phase 1.5kW", Trans. of KIIEE, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 52-59, May 2014.
- Hyung-Woo Jung, Min-Huei Kim, Dong-Hee Kim, "A Development of Surface Permanent Mount Synchronous Generator for 5 Phase 5kW", Trans. of KIIEE, Vol. 26, No. 11, pp. 87-96, Nov. 2012.
- IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Motors and Generators, 112-2004.
- Aldo Boglietti, Ayman M. EL-Refaie, Oliver Drubel, "Electrical Machine Topologies", IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 18-30, June 2014.
- E. Levi, "Multiphase Electric Machines for Variable-Speed Applications", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 1893-1909, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918488
- A. S. Abdel-Khalik, M. I. Daoud, Ahmed, A. A. Elserougi, and M. Massoud, "Parameter Identification of Five-Phase Induction Machines With Single Layer Winding", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 10, pp. 5139-5154, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2297294
- Ayman S, Abdel-Khalik, Mahmoud I. Masoud, and Barry W. Williams, "Improved Flux Pattern With Third Harmonic Injection for Multiphase Induction Motor", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 1563-1758, March 2012.
- Leila. Parsa and Hamid. A. Toliyat, "Five-Phase Permanent Magnet Motor Drives for Ship Propulsion Applications", 2005 Electric Ship Technologies Symposium, pp. 371-378, 2005.
- Hyung-Min Ryu, Jang-Hwan Kim and Seung-Ki Sul, "Analysis of Multiphase Space Vector Pulse-Width Modulation Based on Multiple d-q Spaces Concept", IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics Vol. 20, No.6, pp. 1364-1371, November 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.857551
- Min-Huei Kim, Nam-Hun kim, Won-Sik Baik, "A Five-Phase IM Vector Control System Including 3rd Current Harmonics Component", 8th International Conference on Power Electronics-ECCE Asia, pp. 2519-2524, May 2011.
- M. J. Duran, F. Salas, M.R. Arahal, "Bifurcation Analysis of Five-Phase Induction Motor Drives with Third Harmonic Injection", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, pp. 2006-2014, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918470
- N. Bianchi and S. Bolognani, "Strategies for the Fault Tolerant Current Control of aa Five-Phase Permanent-Magnet Motor", IEEE Transactions. on Industry Applications, Vol. 43, pp 960-970, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.900445
- Leila. Parsa and Hamid. A. Toliyat, "Five-Phase Permanent Magnet Motor Drives", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 41, pp. 30-37, Jan/Feb 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.841021
- Nam-Hun Kim and Min-Huei Kim, "Modified Direct Torque Control System of Five Phase Induction Motor" JEET, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 266-271, 2009.
- Min-Huei Kim, Nam-Hun kim, Won-Sik Baik, "A Five-Phase Induction Motor Speed Control System Excluding Effects of 3rd Current Harmonics Component", Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, N0. 3, May 2011.
- Shuai Lu, K. Corzine, "Direct Torque Control of Five-phase Induction Motor using Space Vector Modulation with Harmonics Elimination and Optimal Switching Sequence", APEC '06, pp. 195-201, 2006.