- Volume 29 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Short-term Wind Farm Power Forecasting Using Multivariate Analysis to Improve Wind Power Efficiency
풍력발전 설비 효율화를 위한 다변량 분석을 이용한 풍력발전단지 단기 출력 예측 방법
- Received : 2015.04.21
- Accepted : 2015.06.25
- Published : 2015.07.30
This paper presents short-term wind farm power forecasting method using multivariate analysis and time series. Based on factor analysis, the proposed method makes new independent variables which newly composed by raw independent variables such as wind speed, ramp rate, wind power. Newly created variables are used in the time series model for forecasting wind farm power. To demonstrate the improved accuracy, the proposed method is compared with persistence model commonly used as reference in wind power forecasting using data from Jeju Island. The results of case studies are presented to show the effectiveness of the proposed forecasting method.
Wind Power Forecasting;Multivariate Analysis;Time Series Model
- EWEA, Wind energy scenarios for 2020, Jul. 2014.
- Y Kang, The importance of national energy security and wind energy, KONEPA, 2014.
- G Giebel, L Lnadberg, G Kariniotakis, and R Brownsword, State-of-the-Art on Methods and Software Tools for Short-Term Prediction wind energy production, Proc. of the 2003 European Wind Energy Association Conference EWEC'03, Jul. 2003.
- K Kim, Y Park, J Park, K Ko, and J Huh, SFeasibility Study on Wind Power Forecasting Using MOS Forecasting Result of KMA, JKSES, vol. 30, no. 2, 2010.
- G Sideratos and N Hatziargyriou, An Advanced Statistical Method for Wind Power Forecasting, IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 258-265. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.889078
- M Negnevitsky and C Potter, Innovative Short-term Wind Generation Prediction Techniques, IEEE Power System Conference and Exposition, pp 60-65, 2006.
- T El-Fouly, E El-Saadany, and M Salama, Grey Predictor for Wind Energy Conversion Systems Output Power Prediction" IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 1450-1452. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.879246
- J Palomares-Salas, J Rosa, J Ramiro, J Melgar, A Aguera, and A Moreno, ARIMA vs. Neural Networks for Wind Speed Forecasting, CIMSA 2009-International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Measurement Systems and Applications, 2009.
- I Damousis, M Alexiadis, J Theocharis, and P Dokopoulos, A Fuzzy Model for Wind Speed Prediction and Power Generation in Wind Parks using Spatial Correlation, IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 352-361. 2008.
- H Lee, J Cho, W Park, and J Kim, G. Song, Short-term Reactive Power Load Forecasting Using Multiple Time-Series Model, Journal of KIIEE, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 105-111, Sep. 2004.
- S Choi and H Kim, Short-term Demand Forecasting Using Data Mining Method, Journal of KIIEE, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 126-133, Dec. 2007.
- T Han and E Nahm, The Development of Model for the Prediction of Water Demand using Kalman Filter Adaptation Model in Large Distribution System, Journal of KIIEE, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 38-48, Mar. 2001.
- Haiyang Zheng and Andrew Kusiak, Prediction of Wind Farm Power Ramp Rates: A Data-Mining Approach, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, vol. 131, Aug. 2009.
- C Lee, C Park, J Kim, and J Back, A Study on Improving Classification Performance for Manufacturing Process Data with Multicollinearity and Imbalanced Distribution, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 25-33, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2015.41.1.025
- Kanna B. and S.N. Singh, "AWNN-Assisted Wind Power Forecasting Using Feed-Forward Neural Network", IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 3, no 2., pp. 306-315, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2011.2182215