- Volume 29 Issue 7
The energy of a sensor in a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) puts a limit on the lifetime of the network. To prolong the lifetime, a clustering plan is used. Clustering technology gets its energy efficiency through reducing the number of communication occurrences between the sensors and the base station (BS). In the distributed clustering protocol, LEACH-like (Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy - like), the number of sensor's cluster head (CH) roles is different depending on the sensor's residual energy, which prolongs the time at which half of nodes die (HNA) and network lifetime. The position of the CH in each cluster tends to be at the center of the side close to BS, which forces cluster members to consume more energy to send data to the CH. In this paper, a protocol, pseudo-LEACH, is proposed, in which a cluster with a CH placed at the center of the cluster is formed. The scheme used allows the network to consume less energy. As a result, the timing of the HNA is extended and the stable network period increases at about 10% as shown by the simulation using MATLAB.
- D. Christin, A. Reinhardt, P. S. Mogre, and R. Steinmetz, "Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things: Selected Challenges", Proceedings of the 8th GI/ITG KuVS Fachgesprach "Drahtlose Sensornetze" (FGSN), pages 31-34, 2009.
- Priti Kumari, "Clustering Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network: A Survey", Proc. of the Intl. Conf. on Advances in CSEE, Pages 119-124, 2013.
- W. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H.Balakrishnan, "Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks", in Proc. 33rd Hawaii Int. Conf. System Sciences(HICSS), Maui, HI, Jan. 2000.
- G. Smaragdakis, I. Matta and A. Bestavros, "SEP: A stable election protocol for clustered heterogeneous wireless sensor networks", International Workshop on SANPA, no. 4, pp. 660-670, 2004.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, "HEED : a Hybrid, Energy-Efficient, Distributed clustering approach for Ad-hoc Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 366-379, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2004.41
- Sung-Won Ko, Jeong-Hwan Cho, "A study on Cluster Head Selection Based on Distance from Sensor to Base Station in Wireless Sensor Network", Journal of the Korean Institude of Iluminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.27, No.10, October 2013.
- M.J. Handy, M. Hasse and D. Timmermann, "Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy with Deterministic Cluster-Head Selection", IEEE MWCN, Stockholm, Sweden, Sep. 2002.
- V. V. Deshpande, A. R. Bhagat Patil, "Clustering for Improving Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Network: A Survey", International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, Volume 2 Issue 5, pp. 1-6, May 2013.
Supported by : KIMPO College's