- Volume 29 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Thermoelectric Devices' Power Generation Performance for Utilizing the Waste Heat of LED Tunnel Lighting Module
LED터널등 모듈의 폐열활용을 위한 열전소자의 발전 성능 분석
- Received : 2015.05.21
- Accepted : 2015.07.17
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this paper, we propose the LED(Light-Emitting-Diode) emergency lighting in a tunnel by using the thermoelectric devices. To achieve high generated power, thermoelectric device should be have high Seebeck coefficient and small contact area. Also, we reveal that a moderate heatsink required for high generated power. From the waste heat of LED tunnel lighting module (25W), the generated power was 0.062W by thermoelectric device, and it could illuminate for 1hour after charge the battery of emergency lighting during about 101hours.
Thermoelectric Device;LED Tunnel Luminaries;Seebeck Effect;Emergency Lighting
- Korea Expressway Corporation, Advanced street lighting master plan, 2012.
- Il-Ho Kim, Thermoelectric Energy Conversion Technology, KIC News. Volume 16 No.4, pp18-26, 2013.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs rulings 100th, 2009.
- Jung-Sik Choi, Cooling System Development of BIPV Module Using Thermoelectron, The Transaction of the Korean institute of electrical engineers, pp.1555 -1562, 2008.
- Ho-Sung Jang, Research on the Output Characteristic of Thermoelectric Module according to the thickness variation of Polymer Pad, Proceeding of the SAREK 2006 Summer Annual Conference, pp976-981, 2006.
- Hui-woong Lee, Thermoelectric power generation technology using semiconductor devices, The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, World of Electricity, Volume 53 No.10 pp48-55, 2004.
- Choe-byeongjun, Research on the Development of Thermoelectric Generation System for Industrial Waste Heat Recovery, J.Energy Eng, pp19-27, 2000.
- Korea Expressway Corporation, LED Luminaries, 2014.
- National Emergency Management Agency, Fire safety standards of road tunnels (NFSC 603), No. 2013-55, p.3, 2013.
Grant : 폐열회수 발전을 통한 비상조명등 겸용 IT 융합 LED 터널조명시스템 개발
Supported by : 중소기업청