- Volume 29 Issue 8
This paper proposes an advanced distance relaying based on the DC offset removal filter to minimize the effects of DC offset on a double circuit transmission line. The proposed DC offset removal filter uses only one cycle of data for phasor extraction computation, which does not need to preset the time constant of the DC offset component. This proposed distance relaying uses not only the residual current of the faulted circuit but also mutual current of the healthy adjacent circuit. A series of off-line test results using ATP simulation data show the effectiveness of the an advanced distance relaying.
ATP;DC Offset Removal Filter;Distance Relay;Impedance;Phasor;Transmission Line
- D. N. Hong et al., "Field Guide Book of Substation Facilities", KEPCO, pp. 1-356, 1999. 12.
- S.H. Horowitz, A.G. Phadke, "Power System Relaying", John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, RSP, pp. 1-331, 2008.
- S.H. Kang, D.G. Lee, S.R. Nam, P.A. Crossley, Y.C. Kang, "Fourier Transform-Based Modified Phasor Estimation Method Immune to the Effect of the DC Offsets," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 1104-1111, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2014032
- T.S. Sidhu, X. Zhang, F. Albasri, and M.S. Sachdev, "Discrete Fourier transform-based technique for removal of decaying DC offset from phasor estimates," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Gen.,Transm. Distrib., Vol. 150, No. 6, pp. 745 -752, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:20030943
- Y.S. Cho, C.K. Lee, G.S. Jang, H.J. Lee, "An Innovative Decaying DC Component Estimation Algorithm for Digital Relaying," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 73-78, January 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2008.2005682
- D.G. Lee, S.H. Kang, "Distance Relaying Algorithm Using a DFT-based Modified Phasor Estimation Method", Trans. on KIEE, Vol. 59, No. 8, pp. 1360-1365, 2010. 8.
- G.H. Park, S.H. Kang, S.K. Kim, J.H. Shin, "A Fault Location Algorithm Using Adaptively Estimated Local Source Impedance for a Double-Circuit Transmission Line System," Trans. KIEE. Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 373-379, MAR, 2012.
- C.W. Park, M.S. Kim, S.R. Kim, H.K. Min, W. H. Ban, "Study on Digital Distance Relaying Algorithm using ATPdraw", 2012 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 1686-1687, 2012. 7.
- Seok-Jun Chang, "Analysis of the response of a distance relay considering the errors of line Impedance", 2012 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 438-439, 2012. 7.
- J.S. Kang, J.J. Yang, "Effects on Distance Protection by Changing Parallel Transmission Line Operation Mode and Zero Sequence Current", 2014 KIEE, Power System Protection & Automation Research Group, Spring Conference, pp. 27-30, 2014. 4.
- KEPCO System Protection Team, "154kV T/L IED Panel with PCM Current Differential Scheme", GS(General Technical Specifications of KEPCO), pp. 1-26, 2013. 11.
- K.H. Park, G.W. Lee, C.W. Park, C.H. Kim, M.C. Shin, "A Study on the Digital Distance Relaying Algorithm based on Arithmetic Fourier Transform Filter", 1995 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 471-475, 1995. 7.
- C.W. Park, H.W. Yoon, "A Study on Accurate Phasor Extraction Using a New Offset Elimination Filter", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 29-36, 2013. 7.
- C.W. Park, "Advanced DC Offset Removal Filter of High-order Configuration", Trans. on KIEE, Vol. 62P, No. 1, pp. 12-17, 2013. 3.
- C.W. Park, K.D. Yoon et al., "Development of Fault Locator for T/L using Synchophasor", Proposal for MSIP(Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning), pp. 1-37, 2015. 3.
- C.W. Park, W.H. Ban, T.P. An, "Real-time Test using IED based on DSP 6713 of Advanced DC-offset Elimination Filter", 2013 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 584-585, 2013. 7.
Supported by : (사)한국산업기술진흥협회