- Volume 29 Issue 8
In this paper, battery charging and discharging circuit with a single voltage power supply is proposed. The proposed circuit has the separated current path and charging-monitoring sequence control scheme. In the charging sequence, the proposed 2-level comparator combined with control signal of the micro-processor can control the constant charging current to protect the over current of the battery. Furthermore, the proposed circuit uses a periodic main power switch control to detect the discharging characteristics to estimate the approximated battery life-time. In the experiments, the proposed emergency power supply for emergency call system has 89% efficiency with 98% power factor. And the proposed sequence control scheme is well operated in the designed emergency power system.
Emergency Power Supply;Emergency Call;Battery Charger;SOC Monitoring
- S. JongTae, "An Emergency Power Supply System Wherein An Elevator System", Korea Patent, 10-0990462, 2010.
- S. Yarlagadda, T. T. Hartley, I. Husain, "A Battery Management System Using an Active Charge Equalization Technique Based on a DC/DC Converter Topology", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 2720-2729, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2264794
- J. Jiang, C. Zhang, J. Wen, W. Zhang, S. M. Sharkh, "An Optimal Charging Method for Li-Ion Batteries Using a Fuzzy-Control Approach Based on Polarization Properities", IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 62, No. 7, pp. 3000-3009, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2252214
- Y. C. Chuang, Y. L. Ke, H. S. Chuang, S. Y. Chang, "Battery Float Charge Technique Using Parallel-Loaded Resonant Converter for Discontinuous Conduction Operation", IEEE Trasns. on Industry Applications, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 1070-1078, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2190961
- M. Yilmaz, P. T. Krein, "Review of Battery Charger Topologies, Charging Power Levels, and Infrastructure for Plug-In Electric and Hybrid Vehicles", IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 2151-2169, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2212917
- H. Wang, Y. Liu, H. Fu and G. Li, "Estimation of State of Charge of Batteries for Electric Vehicle", International Journal of Control and Automation, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp.185-193, April., 2013.
- James H. A, T. Alfred, W. J. Barry, "A Battery State of Charge Indicator for Electric Wheelchairs", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electroincs, 1992.
- R. A. Jackey, "A Simple, Effective Lead-Acid Battery Modeling Process for Electrical System Component Selection", The MathWorks Annual Report, 2007-01-0778, MathWorks, Inc.
- Ceraolo, "New Dynamical Models of Lead-Acid Batteries", IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2000.
- H. Rahimi-Eichi, F. Baronti, and M. Y. Chow, "Modeling and online Parameter Identification of Li-Polymer Battery Cells for SOC Estimation", in Industiral Electronics(ISIE), 2012, pp. 1336-1341, 2012.
- T. Imai, K. Sakjyama, I. Hirota, H. Omori, "A Study of Impedance Analysis for an Inductance Heating Device by Applying a New Interpolation Method", IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol 33, No. 2, pp. 2143-2146, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.582755