- Volume 29 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Study on Measurement Method of Dielectric Recovery Voltage to analysis Dielectric Recovery Characteristic of Molded Case Circuit Breaker
저압 배선용차단기 절연회복특성 파악을 위한 절연회복전압 측정기법 연구
Song, Tae-Hun;Cho, Young-Maan;Ko, Kwang-Cheol
- Received : 2015.05.18
- Accepted : 2015.06.19
- Published : 2015.08.31
Molded Circucit Breaker(MCCB) is a most widely used device to protect loads from the over-current in low power level distribution system. When the MCCB interrupts the over-current, the arc discharge occurred between fixed contact and moving contact to create hot gas. By the Lorentz force due to arc current, the occurred arc is bent to the grids. The grids extend and cool and divide it for arc extinguish. In the majority cases, the MCCB protects loads by interrupting the over-current successfully but in some cases the re-ignition is occurred by hot-gas created during process of interruption. The re-ignition arises when the recovery voltage(RV) is more higher than the recovery strength between contacts and it leads to interruption fault. Therefore to find out the dielectric recovery characteristics of protecting device has a great importance for preventing interruption fault. In this paper, we studies measurement method of the dielectric recovery characteristics considering inherent attribute of the MCCB. To measure the dielectric recovery characteristic of MCCB, we makes an experiment circuit for applying the over-current and the randomly recovery voltage. The measurement methode to find out the dielectric recovery voltage of the MCCB was established and the result was based on experiment results.
Dielectric Recovery Characteristic;Molded Case Circuit Breaker;Measurement Method
- Jong-Sung Kang, Il-Chul Ahn, Dong-Kyu Shin, Byung-San Baek, Duck-Jung Kim, "Study on Blow Open Force of MCCB", Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Electrical Enginerrs Annual Summer Conference, pp.1137-1138, 2012.
- D. J. Griffiths, "Introduction to Electrodynamics", Prentice Hall of India, 1994.
- Hauer, Wolfgang, and Xin Zhou. "Re-ignition and Post Arc Current Phenomena in Low Voltage Circuit Breaker." ICEC 2014; The 27th International Conference on Electrical Contacts; Proceedings of. VDE, 2014.
- Degui C., Xingwen L., Ruicheng D., "Measyrement of the Dielectric Recovery Strength and Reignition of AC Contactors", IEICE Transactions on Electronics, Vol.E88-C, No.8, pp.1641-1646, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietele/e88-c.8.1641
- Shea, J. "Gassing arc chamber wall material effect on post current-zero recovery voltage breakdown." Electrical Contacts, 2002. Proceedings of the Forty-Eighth IEEE Holm Conference on. IEEE, 2002.
- Shea, J. "Dielectric recovery characteristics of a high current arcing gap." Electrical Contacts, 2001. Proceedings of the Forty-Seventh IEEE Holm Conference on. IEEE, 2001.
- Nagaoka, H. "The inductance coefficients of solenoids." Journal of the College of Science 27.3 (1909): 31.
- P. F. Hettwer, "Arc-interruption and gas-evolution characteristics of common polymeric materials" IEEE Transactions on, Power application system, Vol. PAS-101, No. 6, pp.1689-1696, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1982.317220
- Ju-Chul Kim, Jeong-Kyun Lim, Sang-Joong Lee, "A Safety Improvement of Low Voltage Circuit-breakers through Analysis of Instantaneous Trip Characteristics of 30AF Circuit-Breakers", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24(12), 2010.
- Young-Kil Chol, Tae-Geun Koo, Kwang-Sik Lee "Development of Contact System in 460V/225A/50kA Molded Case Circuit Breaker", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 16(6), 2002.
Grant : 친환경 전기 에너지 변환 및 관리 기술