- Volume 29 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Symmetrical Cockcroft-Walton circuit for Transformerless High Step-Up DC-DC Converter
변압기 없는 고승압 직류 컨버터용 대칭형 Cockcroft-Walton 회로
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.07.09
- Published : 2015.08.31
High Step-up DC-DC Converters have been demanded for renewable energy applications. Transformer or coupled inductor is generally used to boost output voltage of converters. This methods can relatively obtain high voltage than others, whereas have heavy weight and high cost. To complement these disadvantages, we studied transformerless high step-up DC-DC converter. In various transformerless topologies, Boost converters combined with Cockcroft-Walton have studied. In this paper, we proposed a symmetrical Cockcroft-Walton circuit for transformerless high step-up DC-DC converter. Finally, we simulated proposed converter to compare with existing converter. As a result, proposed converter has higher duty ratio or lower cost than existing transformerless converters which are discussed in this paper.
Cockcroft-Walton;Voltage Multiplier;High Step-up DC-DC Converter;Renewable Energy
- Q. Luo, Y. Zhang, P. Sun, L, Zhou, "An Active Clamp High Step-Up Boost Converter with a Coupled Inductor", Journal of Power Electronics, 15 (1), pp. 86-95, 2015. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.1.86
- S. J. Jang, T. W. Lee, B. K. Lee, C. Y. Won, S. S. Kim, "Bi-directional DC-DC Converter Design and Control for step-up/step-down", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 20 (5), pp. 49-56, 2006.
- J. S. Choi, S. Y. Oh, D. H. Chung, S. G. Song, "Development of Boost Type Bidirectional DC/DC Converter with High Efficiency For EV using an Interleave Method", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 27 (10), pp. 59-68, 2013.
- D. K. Kwak, C. S. Kim, H. Y. Park, J. S. Shim, S. H. Shim, "Boost AC-DC Converter of High Power Factor and High Efficiency", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 19 (7), pp. 45-52, 2005.
- S. C. Hong, S. Y. Chae, D. T. Chung, H. S. Kim, "Analysis of the Isolated Boost Converter Using Self-Driven Switch", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24 (6), pp. 89-98, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2010.24.6.089
- D. H. Yoo, G. Y. Jeong, "High Efficiency Coupled Inductor Boost DC-DC Converter using a Simple Clamp Circuit", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 26 (3), pp. 31-39, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2012.26.3.031
- A. Ajami, H. Ardi, A. Farakhor, "A Novel High Step-up DC/DC Converter Based on Integrating Coupled Inductor and Switched-Capacitor Techniques for Renewable Energy Applications", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 30 (8), pp. 4255-4263, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2360495
- T. Y. Ahn, Y. M. Gil, "A Study of the High Voltage Power Supply using a Sixfold Voltage-Multiplying Rectifier", Journal of Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 29 (2), pp. 19-26, 2015.
- S. Iqbal, "A Hybrid Symmetrical Voltage Multiplier", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 29 (1), pp. 6-12, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2251474
- C. M. Young, M. H. Chen, T. A. Chang, C. C. Ko, K. K. Jen, "Cascade Cockcroft-Walton Voltage Multiplier Applied to Transformerless High Step-Up DC-DC Converter", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 60 (2), pp. 523-537, 2013.
- C. M. Young, M. H. Chen, H. L. Chen, J. Y. Chao, C. C. Ko, "Transformerless Signle-Stage High Step-Up AC-DC Converter Based on Symmetrical Cockcroft-Walton Voltage Multiplier with PFC", IEEE Power Electronics and Drive system, pp. 191-196, 2011.
Grant : 친환경 전기 에너지 변환 및 관리 기술