- Volume 29 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Fill Factor of Rotor of Single Phase Induction Motor for the Capability Improvement of 1/4 HP Compressor
1/4 마력급 압축기의 성능 개선을 위한 SPIM 회전자의 충진율에 관한 연구
Kim, Kang-Won;Ahn, Hyun-Jin;Choi, Jun-Ho;Han, Jae-Hyun;Kim, Eui-Sun;Lim, Young-Cheol
- Received : 2015.07.06
- Accepted : 2015.07.31
- Published : 2015.08.31
This paper discusses to the capability improvement of the 1/4 HP compressor. And, for efficiency improvement of the single phase induction motor, this paper has proposed a casting method to improving the fill factor of the rotor of the single phase induction motor. First, by using FEM, it was analyzed the magnetic flux distribution and the fill factor to the SPIM rotor by the conventional method and the proposed method. And, based on the FEM analysis results, SPIMs are manufactured by the each casting process. Through experiments using dynamometer, they were compared and measured to their efficiencies. In addition, through experiments using Calorimeter, we have analyzed the refrigerating capacity of the compressor of which they were applied. Based on the results of the previous two experiments, they are to verify the validity of the proposed method.
Single Phase Induction Motor;FEM;Compressor;Rotor;Fill Factor
- B. K. Bose, "Power electronics and AC driver", Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1986.
- J. M. D. Murphy and F. G. Turnbull, "Power electronics control of AC motors", Pergamon Press, 1988.
- P. Waide, C. Brunner, "Energy-Efficiency policy opportunities for electric motor-driven systems", International Energy Agency, Working Paper, Energy Efficiency Series. 2011.
- "Energy efficiency in electric motor systems: Technical potentials and policy approaches for developing countries", United Nations Industrial Development Organization, 11/2011.
- "Electric Motors and Genentrators-South Korea" Global Research & Data Services, 2012.
- R. Ramarathnam, B. G. Desai, "Optimization Of Pplyphase Induction Motor Design: A Nonlinear Programming Approach", IEEE Trans. Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-90, No. 2, pp. 570-578, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1971.293060
- J. D. Law, T. A. Lipo, "A Single Phase Induction Motor Voltage Controller with Improved Performance", IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, Vol. PE-1, No. 4, 1986.
- J. Haataja, J. Pyrhonen, "Improving three phase induction motor efficiency in Europe", Power Eng. J., vol.12, no. 2, pp. 81-86, April. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1049/pe:19980208
- Yong, H.H., "Effect of the Revolution Speed on the Structure & Mechanical Properties of Cr-Mo Steel during Vertical Centrifugal Casting Using Investment Casting Mold", Master's Thesis, 2001.
- Sufei Wei, "Centrifugal Casting", ASM Handbook, vol. 15:Casting, pp. 667-673, 2008.
- X. Wang, C. Zhu, R. Zhang, R. Tang, S. Y. Hahn, "Performance analysis of single-phase induction motor based on voltage source complex finite-element analysis", IEEE Trans. Magnetic, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 587-590, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.871454
- American National Standard Motor and Generator, ANSI/NEMA MG 1-2011.
- E. R. Collins, H. B. Puttgen, W. E. Sayle, "Single-Phase Induction Motor Adjustable Speed Drive: Direct Phase Angle Control of Auxiliary Winding Supply", IAS 1988, vol. 1, pp. 246-252, 1988.
- de Almeida, A.T, Ferreira, F.J.T.E, Both, D. "Technical and economical considerations in the application of variable-speed drives with electric motor systems", IEEE Trans. Ind. App., vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 188-199, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.841022
Grant : 미래 에너지 저장 시스템 응용 기술 인력 양성