- Volume 24 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Mediation Effects of Adolescents' Environment-Friendly Attitudes on Mother's and Adolescents' Pro-environmental Consumption Behavior
어머니와 청소년의 환경친화적 소비행동 관계에서 청소년 친환경태도의 매개효과분석
Jung, Joo-Won;Cho, So-Yeon
- Received : 2015.10.14
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2015.12.29
The purpose of this study is to observe the influence mother's pro-environmental consumption behavior have on the adolescents' environment-friendly attitudes and adolescents' pro-environmental consumption behavior. Also by examining the variable relation, the study scopes out the effectiveness of environmental experience. For the analysis, high school students in Korea were gathered from online and multiple regression analysis, and Baron and Kenny mediation analysis were conducted among a total of 521 surveys. The main findings are as follows: First, mother's pro-environmental consumption behavior were proven to be essential factors that have influence on the adolescents' environment-friendly attitudes. Second, mother's pro-environmental consumption behavior were proven to be essential factors that have influence on the adolescents' pro-environmental consumption behavior. Third, mediating effect of adolescents' environment-friendly attitudes was verified in the relationship between mother's and adolescent's pro-environmental consumption behavior. The findings suggest the importance of adolescents' environment-friendly attitudes and improve adolescent's pro-environmental consumption behavior by having practice mother's pro-environmental consumption behavior.
Pro-environmental consumption behavior;Environment-friendly attitudes;Adolescent consumer
- Alice, G., John, T., 2007, When action speaks louder than words: The effect of parenting on young consumers' pro-environmental behaviour', Nordic Consumer Policy Research Conference, Helsinki.
- Antil, J., Bennett, P., 1979, Construction and validation of a scale to measure socially responsible consumption behavior, in Henion II, K. H., Kinnear, T. C.,(eds.), The Consumer Society, Chicago, The American Association.
- Baron, R. M., Kenny, D. A., 1986, The moderatormediator variable distinction in social psychological research, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51, 1173-1183. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- De Steiguer, J. E., 2011, The origins of modern environmental thought, The University of Arizona Press, Tucson.
- Gang, H. G., 1998, A Study on Mother's Propensity to Consume having an effect on Youth's Action as a Consumer, Master Dissertation, Kyounggi University, Seoul, Korea.
- Hirsh, J. B., 2010, Personality and environmental concern, Journal of Environmental Psychology, 30(2), 245-248. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2010.01.004
- Jun, Y. J., 2002, Effect of ecology experience learning activities on the environmental attitude in elementary school, Master Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, Chung-Buk, Korea.
- Kim, E. M., 2013, The effect of mother's green food dietary attitude and health oriented consumption on elementary school children's green food ditary and food purchase attitude, Master Dissertation, Ewha womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, Y. S., 2014, Impacts of health and environment consciousness on pro-environmental clothing purchasing and disposal behaviors, The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 22(3), 371-382. https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2014.22.3.371
- Lee, K. E., 2007, The influence of mother's proenvironmental consumption behavior on youngadult's pro-environmental consumption consciousness and behavior, Master Dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, S. S., Choi, E. M., 2004, Study on environment-friendly consumption behavior : Focused on the recognition of the eco-lavelling, 2004 Spring Conference of Journal of the Korean Home Economics Associaion, Seoul.
- Lee. K. E., Lee, K. Y., 2008, A study on the variables influencing on adolescents consciousness and behavior in pro-environmental consumption : In relation with their mothers' pro-environmental consuming behavior, Korean Family Resource Management Association, 12(3), 119-145.
- No, Y. H., Kang, S. J., 1992, Waste at Source Based on an Example of Reduction Operation, Korea Consumer Agency, Seoul.
- Park, H. S., No, S. P., Kim, Y. H., 2007, Factors influencing on the pro-environmental behavior : From the viewpoint of TRA, Korean local government review, 19(2), 97-119.
- Shin, S. Y., 1994, Study on the adolescent consumer environmental protection, Master Dissertation, Chung-nam National University, Chungnam, Korea.
- Sobel, M. E., 1982, Some new results on indirect effects and their standard errors in covariance structure models, In N. Tuma (ed.), Sociological Methodology 1986, Washington, DC, American Sociological Association.
- Son, S. H., Kim, K. G., Rha, J. Y., Choi, S. A., 2010, Green consumption competency : A conceptual model of its framework and components, Consumer Policy and Education Review, 6(3), 95-119.
- Suh, Y. K., 2010, Effect of teenager consumer behavior on their parents' consumer behavior, Master Dissertation, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea.
- Sung, Y. A., 2005, A study on the environmental consciousness and behavior of the consumers in Incheon area, Korean Home Management Association, 23(3), 35-51.
- Yoon, T. C., Choi, D. H., 2007, The effects of ecofriendly consumer education on ecological footprint, The environmental education, 20(1), 67-77.