- Volume 24 Issue 12
Jeju Island is the highest rain-prone area in Korea that possesses affluent water resources, but future climate changes are predicted to further increase vulnerabilities as resultant of increasing of extreme events and creating spatial-temporal imbalance in water resources. Therefore, this study aimed to provide basic information to establish a proper water resources management plan by evaluating the effects of climate change on water resources using climate change scenario. Direct runoff ratio for 15 years (2000~2014) was analyzed to be 11~32% (average of 23%), and average direct runoff ratio for the next 86 years (2015~2100) was found as 28%, showing an increase of about 22% compared to the present average direct runoff ratio (23%). To assess the effects of climate change on long-term runoff, monthly runoff variation of future Gangjeong watershed was analyzed by dividing three time periods as follows: Present (2000~2030), Future 1 (2031~2070) and Future 2 (2071~2100). The estimated results showed that average monthly runoff increases in the future and the highest runoff is shown by Future 2. Extreme values has been expected to occur more frequently in the future as compared to the present.
SWAT;ADCP;Climate change scenario;Jeju island
- Ahn, J. H., Yoon, Y. N., Yoo, C. S., 2001, On the change of hydrologic conditions due to global warming : 2. An analysis of hydrologic changes in daechung dam basin using water balance model, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 34(5), 511-519.
- CDWR(California Department of Water Resources), 2006, Progress on incorporating cliamte change into management of california's water resources, Tehnical memorandum report, avaible at http://baydeltaoffice.water.ca.gov/climatechange/reports.cfm.
- IPCC, 2007, Climate change 2001 : The scientific basis, IPCC contribution of working group I to the third assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, Cambridge Unibersity Press, Cambridge.
- Jeung, S. J., Kim, B. S., Jun, K. W., Choi, J. I., 2014, Impact assessment of climate change on long term runoff in the Young San river based on the RCP 8.5 climate change scenarios, Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management, 10(2), 289-305.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation on runoff of rivers in Jeju island using SWAT model, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1045-1055. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1045
- Kang, M. S., Yang, S. K., Jung, W. Y., Kim D. S., 2013, Characteristics of runoff on southern area of Jeju island, Korea, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 22(5), 591-597. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.591
- Kim, U. T., Lee, D. R., Yoo, C. S., 2004, Effects of climate change on the streamflow for the daechung dam watershed, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 37(4), 305-314. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.4.305
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Na, H. N., 2015, An integrated water budget analysis of Oedocheon watershed in Jeju island, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 24(4), 471-480. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.471
- Kwon, W. T., Boo, K. O., Heo, I. H., 2007, Climate change during the recent 10 years in Korea, Conference of Korean Water Resources Association, 278-280.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTMA), and Korea Institute of Construction and Transportation Technology Evaluation and Planning (KICTEP), 2015, Jeju water circulation interpretation and water resource management infrastructure establishment.
- Lee, M. H., Jung, I. W., Bae, D. H., 2014, Korean flood vulnerability assessment on climate change, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 44(8), 653-666.
- Lee, J. H., Yang, S. K., Jung W. Y., Yang, W. S., 2015, Estimation of design rainfall based on climate change scenario in Jeju island, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 24(4), 383-391. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.383
- Meteorological Administration, 2011, the report : Cimate change scenario in Area - Jeju Island -.
- Shin, S. C., 2000, Analysis of river flow change based on some scenarios of global warming, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 33(5), 623-634.
- Song, S. H., Choi, K. J., 2012, An appropriate utilization of agricultural water resources of Jeju island with climate change(I), Koran Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment, 17(2), 62-70. https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2012.17.2.062
- Trenberth, K. E., 1998, Atmospheric moisture residence times and cycling : Implications for rainfall rates with climate change, Climatic Change, 42, 327-339.
- Yang, H. K., 2006, Impact of climate change on hydrological disasters, Journal of the Korean Geomorphological Association, 13(3), 45-54
- Yoon, Y. N., Yoo, C. S., Lee, J. S., Ahn, J. H., 1999, On the change of flood and drought occurrence frequency due to global Warming : 2. Estimation of the change in daily rainfall depth distribution due to global warming, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 32(6), 627-636.
- Han, W. K., Yang, S. K., 2009, A runoff simulation using SWAT model depending on changes to land use in Jeju island, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1057-1063. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1057
Supported by : 제주대학교