- Volume 24 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Recovery of Nitric Acid from Waste Solder Stripper by Diffusion Dialysis
폐솔더 박리액으로부터 확산투석법에 의한 질산의 회수
Ryu, Seong-Hyung;Kim, Tae-Young;Ahn, Nak-Kyoon;Gang, Myeong-Sik;Ahn, Jae-Woo;Ahn, Jong-Gwan
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2015.10.30
A basic study was conducted to effectively recover nitric acid from a waste solder stripper by diffusion dialysis using anion exchange membranes. The effects of flow rate, flux ratio, nitrate concentration, and metallic ion types and concentration on the recovery percentage of nitric acid were investigated. The recovery percentage of nitric acid was decreased with the increase of flow velocity. But the recovery percentage of nitric acid was increased as the increase of flux ratio(W/F) and showing a recovery percentage of nitric acid of about 99% at a flux ratio of 1.5 or more. As the increase of nitric acid concentration in feed solution, the recovery percentage of nitric acid was increased up to 3.0M, but in case of greater than 3.0M, the recovery percentage gradually was decreased. Leakage percentage of metallic ions through the membrane were in the order of Pb, Na and Cu but Fe and Sn did not leakaged. As a result of diffusion dialysis using real waste solder stripper at a flow rate of
Spent solder;nitric acid;tin;recovery;diffusion dialysis
- Charlie Kerr, 2004 : "Sustainable technologies for the regeneration of acidic tin stripping solutions used in PCB fabrication", Circuit world 30(3), 51-58. https://doi.org/10.1108/03056120410520623
- T. Keskitalo, J. Tanskanen, T. Kuokkanen, 2007 : "Analysis of key patents of the generation of acdic cupric chloride etchant waste and tin stripping waste", Resources, Conservation and Recycling" 49, 217-243. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2006.05.001
- Man-Seung Lee, Jong-Gwan Ahn, Jae-Woo Ahn, 2003 : "Recovery of copper, tin and lead from the spent nitric etching solutions of printed circuit board and regeneration of the etching solution", Hydrometallurgy, 70, 23-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-386X(03)00045-8
- Norvell J. Nelson : "Regenerative copper etching process and solution" U.S. Patent, 4,545,850
- Jae-Woo Ahn, Meong-Woon Kim, Jin-Ki Jeong, Jae-Chun Lee, 2006 : "Recovery Cu and Sn from the bioleaching solution of electronic scrap", J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 15(6), 41-47.
- C.J. Brown, D. Davy and P.J. Simmons, 1980 : "Recovery of nitric acid from solutions used for treating metal surface", Plating and surface finishing. vol 2. 60-62.
- T.K. Mattila, 1977 : "Nitrate removal from waste solutions by solvent extraction", Ind. Eng. Chem., Process Des. Dev. 16(4), 469-472. https://doi.org/10.1021/i260064a006
- I. Mockrin, Martin A. Hobin, 1977 : "Recovery of copper from waste nitrate liquors by electrolysis", U.S. Patent, 4,033,838.
- S. Roy, R. Buckle, 2009 : "The recovery of copper and tin from waste tin stripping solution PartII: Kinetics analysis of synthetic and real process waste", Separation and purification technology, 68, 185-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2009.05.005
- Jae-Woo Ahn, 1998 : "Study on the recovery of nitric Acid from spent nitric etching solutions by solvent extraction", Journal of Korean Institute of Resources Recycling, 7(5), 46-51.
- M. Hoshino, 1986 : "Nitric-hydrofluoric acid recovery process of solvent extraction method", Aromatics. 38(9, 10), 217-222.
- Y. Kobuchi, H. Motomura, Y. Noma, F. Hanada, 1986 : "Application of the ion-exchange membranes acids recovery by diffusion dialysis", Proc. 1986 Eur.-Jpn. Congr. Membranes and Membrane Processes, Plenum Press, New York.
Jinki Jeong, Min-Seuk Kim, Byung-Su Kim, Soo-Kyung Kim, Won-Baek Kim, Jae-Chun Lee, 2005 : "Recovery of
$H_2SO_4$from waste acid solution by a diffusion dialysis method", Journal of Hazardous Materials, B124, 230-235.
- H. Strathmann, 2004 : "Ion-exchange Membrane Separation Processes", Elsevier, Amsterdam.
- Moon Sung Kang, Suk Jung Oh, Seung-Hyeon Moon, 1998 : "A study on transport characteristics of hydrochloric acid in an anion exchange membrane", Membrane Journal 8(3), 148-156.
- P. Sridhar, G. Subramaniam, 1989 "Recovery of acid from cation exchange regeneration waste by diffusion dialysis", J. Membr. Sci. 45, 273-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(00)80519-0
- Suk Jung Oh, Seung-Hyeon Moon, Thomas Davis, 2000 : "Effects of metal ions on diffusion dialysis of inorganic acids", J. of membrane Science, 169, 95-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(99)00333-6
- D.D. Stachera, R.F. Childs, A.M. Mika, et al., 1998 "Acid recovery using diffusion dialysis with poly(4-vinylpyridine)-filled microporous membrane", J. Membr. Sci., 148, 119-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(98)00168-9
- H.M. Zhang, D.L. Li, D.B. Li, S. Cao, L.J. You, 2006 : "Studies of recovering tin and nitric acid from the spent solder stripper (in Chinese)", Membr. Sci. Technol. 26. 86-89.
- Shengjie Lan, Xianming Wen, Zenghu Zhu, Fei Shao, Chaoliang Zhu, 2011 : "Recycling of spent nitric acid solution from electrodialysis by diffusion dialysis", Desalination, 278, 227-230 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2011.05.031
- Jae-woo Ahn, Seong-hyung Ryu, Tae-young Kim, 2015 : "Recovery of tin and nitric acid from spent solder stripping solutions", The Korean Journal of Metals and Materials 53(6), 426-431. https://doi.org/10.3365/KJMM.2015.53.6.426
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)