- Volume 24 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Selective Solvent Extraction of In from Synthesis Solution of MOCVD Dust using D2EHPA
MOCVD 더스트 합성용액으로부터 D2EHPA를 이용한 In의 선택적 용매추출
Im, Byoungyong;Swain, Basudev;Lee, Chan Gi;Park, Jae Layng;Park, Kyung-Soo;Shim, Jong-Gil;Park, Jeung-Jin
- Received : 2015.06.26
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.10.30
The separation of In from the synthesis solution with Ga, Fe, and Al has been studied by the solvent extraction using D2EHPA as an extractant. The effects as a function of the concentration of extractant and HCl on the extraction of In were investigated. The extraction of In and Ga increased with decreasing HCl concentration, but that of Fe and Al was independent. Separation factor between In and Ga of 115 was obtained at 1.0 M D2EHPA in the presence of 0.5 M HCl of feed solution. Consequently, this study shows that D2EHPA is suitable extractant for In extraction from the synthesis solution. Extraction efficiency and separation factor could be increased by controlling HCl and extractant concentration.
D2EHPA;MOCVD dust;In;Recycling;Solvent extraction
- Kim JG., 2012: Investigation on recycling in material flow on indium demand industry, J. Kor. Powd. Met. Inst, 19(1), pp. 72-78. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2012.19.1.072
- Kinoshita T, et al., 2011: Selective recovery of gallium with continuous counter-current foam separation and its application to leaching solution of zinc refinery residues, Sep Purif Technol, 78(2), pp. 181-188. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2011.01.044
- Ko KY, Park JH., 2011: Dissolution Behavior of Indium in CaO-SiO2-Al2O3 Slag, Metall Mater Trans B, 42(6), pp. 1224-1230. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11663-011-9566-6
- Lee J, Kim S, Shin D., 2014: Electrodeposition of Iron in HNO3 Solution Containing Iron Dissolved from Copper Slag, J Electrochem Soc, 161(14), pp. 719-724. https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0341414jes
- Kim S, Seo B, Son S., 2014: Dissolution behavior of cobalt from WC-Co hard metal scraps by oxidation and wet milling process, Hydrometallurgy, 143, pp. 28-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2014.01.004
- Swain B, et al., 2015: Recycling process for recovery of gallium from GaN an e-waste of LED industry through ball milling, annealing and leaching, Environ Res, 138, pp. 401-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2015.02.027
- Swain B, et al., 2015: Recycling of metal-organic chemical vapor deposition waste of GaN based power device and LED industry by acidic leaching: Process optimization and kinetics study, J Power Sources, 281, pp. 265-271. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.01.189
- Park K, et al., 2014: Study on leaching behavior for recovery of Ga Metal from LED scraps, Appl. Chem. Eng., 25(4), pp. 414-417. https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2014.1059
- Choi Y, et al., 2014: Methode for making high purity gallium by electrowinning, J. of Korean inst. of Resources Recycling, 23(6), pp. 62-67. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2014.23.5.62
- Liu L, et al., 2014: The influence of impurities on Ga electrowinning: Vanadium and iron, Hydrometallurgy, 146, pp. 76-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2014.03.009
- Kim SG, Lee HY, Oh JK., 2000: Recovery of gallium from zinc residues by solvent extraction, J. of Korean inst. of Resources Recycling, 9(3), pp. 29-36.
- Gupta B, et al., 2007: Extraction and recovery of Ga (III) from waste material using Cyanex 923, Hydrometallurgy, 87(1), pp. 18-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2007.01.001
- Swain B, et al., 2006: Separation of cobalt and lithium from mixed sulphate solution using Na-Cyanex 272, Hydrometallurgy, 84(3), pp. 130-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2006.03.061
- Das D, et al., 2015 : Effect of Nature of Organophosphorous Acid Moiety on Co-extraction of U (VI) and mineral acid from aqueous solutions using D2EHPA, PC88A and Cyanex 272. Hydrometallurgy, 152, pp. 129-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2014.12.018
- Ahn H, et al., 2014: Recovery of Li from the Lithium Containing Waste Solution by D2EHPA, J. of Korean inst. of Resources Recycling, 23(5), pp. 21-27.
- Park K, et al., 2014: Leaching behavior of Ga and In from MOCVD dust, J. Kor. Powd. Met. Inst, 21(3), pp. 202-206. https://doi.org/10.4150/KPMI.2014.21.3.202
- Flett D., 1999: New reagents or new ways with old reagents, J Chem Technol Biotechnol, 74(2), pp. 99-105. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4660(199902)74:2<99::AID-JCTB4>3.0.CO;2-S
- Thakur N., 1998: Extraction studies of base metals (Mn, Cu, Co and Ni) using the extractant 2-ethylhexyl 2-ethylhexyl phosphonic acid, PC 88A, Hydrometallurgy, 48(1), pp. 125-131. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-386X(97)00061-3
- Jiaxu Yang, Christian Ekberg, and Teodora Retegan, 2014: Optimization of Indium Recovery and Separation from LCD Waste by Solvent Extraction with Bis(2-ethylhexyl) Phosphate (D2EHPA), Int. J. Chem. Eng, 2014, pp. 1-9.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원