- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Influence of Physicochemical Characteristic of Donghae-Samcheok Limestones on the Performance of Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD)
동해-삼척지역 석회석의 물리화학적 특성이 탈황성능에 미치는 영향
Seo, Jun-Hyung;Baek, Chul-Seoung;Kwon, Woo-Tech;Cho, Kye-Hong;Ahn, Ji-Whan
- Received : 2015.09.09
- Accepted : 2015.10.19
- Published : 2015.12.30
It studies that effect of limestone of physicochemical characteristic on the performance of flue gas desulfurization (FGD) and application examination for technology of wet type FGD process and to utilize the limestone in Donghae-Samcheok. The experiment method was measured total neutralizing capability (TNC) using the lab scale experimental apparatus based on the HCl titration test. The results of TNC of limestone samples were more dependent on the physical characteristics including particle size rather than chemical compositions such as CaO content and particle size of limestone get smaller, TNC is increased.
flue gas desulfurization (FGD);fly ash;limestone;total neutralizing capability (TNC)
- The Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, 2009: www.kigam.re.kr.
- Cho, J. S, 2014: Mineral Phase and Microstructure Behaviors on Burning Condition of Domestic Low-grade Limestone, J. of the Korean Ceramic Society, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp 88-96. https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2014.51.2.88
- Kim, J, A, 2006: The Effect of Hydration Condition and Formation Age of Limestone on the Synthesis Characteristics of Aragonite Precipitated Calcium Carbonate, Thesis of Inha University, Korea, pp 1-64.
M. Waqif et al., 1992: Comparative study of
$SO_2$adsorption on metal oxides, J. of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, Vol. 88, No. 19, pp 2931-2936. https://doi.org/10.1039/ft9928802931
- Jung. I. C, 2002: The Skills and Flue Gas Desulfurization System of Coal-Fired Power Plant, Environmental Hitechnology, Vol 7, pp 28-43.
- Angel Irabien et al., 1990: Thermal Dehydration of Calcium Hydroxide. 1. Kinetic Model and Parameters, J. of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 29, pp 1599-1606. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie00104a004
- Park, S. S et al., 1997: Grindability and Reactivity of Limestones for Flue Gas Desulfurization, J. of Applied Chemistry, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp 465-468.
- Park. S. S et al., 2010: Reactivity and Criteria for Selection of Standard of Limestone for Flue Gas Desulfurization, J. of Korea Society of Waste Management, pp 125-127.
- Korea Limestone Industry Cooperation, 2012: Limestone for flue gas desulfurization (SPS-KLIC-004-775), Korea, www.klime.org.
- Lyoo. P. J, 1996: The Foundation and Recent Trends of Grinding and Separation Techniques, Lime, Vol. 1, No. 3, Korea Limestone Industry Cooperation, pp 6-12.
- Morse. J. W and Berner, R. A, 1972: Dissolution kinetics of calcium carbonate in seawater: II. A kinetic origin for lsocline, American Journal of Science, Vol. 272, pp 840-851. https://doi.org/10.2475/ajs.272.9.840
- R. D. Letterman, 1995: Calcium carbonate dissolution rate in limestone contactor, United States Environmental Protection Agency, 600, SR-95, 068.
- N. Ukawa et al., 1993: Effects of particle size distribution on limestone dissolution in wet FGD process applications, J. of Environmental Progress, Vol.12, No.3, pp 238-242. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.670120314
- Lee. W. S et al., 1996: A study on Dissolution Rates of Domestic Limestones in Wet FGD Processes, J. of the Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp 700-705.
- Choi, W. K. 2002: Effects of Physicochemical Properties of Domestic Limestones on the Dissolution Rates in Flue Gas Desulfurization Process, J. of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp 404-409.
- Jung. J. H. et al., 2003: Preparation and Reaction Characteristics of Domestic Limestone Absorbent for Flue Gas Desulfurization/Denitrification, J. of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp 1177-1183.
- Choi, W. K et al.. 1995: An Experimental Study on the Reactivities of Domestic Limestones in Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization Process, J. of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, pp 391-394.
- ASTM International, 2009: Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Neutralizing Capability and Dissolved Calcium and Magnesium Oxide in Lime for Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) (ASTM C 1318-95), USA, www.astm.org.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, 2007; Testing sieving - General requirements (KS A 0507), Korea, www.kats.go.kr.
- Korea Resources Corporation, 2003: Precision Survey Report; limestone, Exploration of Mineral Resources Department, pp 145-149.
- Choi. W. H et al., 2006: Acid Neutralization Capacity and Flouride Removal Capacity of Calcite for Treating Hydrogenfluoric Wastewater, J. of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, No. 10, pp 1234-1237.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)