- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Domestic and Foreign Research Trend on the Pediatric Chuna Treatment
소아 추나에 대한 국내·외 연구 동향
- Lee, Jin Hwa (Department of Pediatrics, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Han, Jae Kyung (Department of Pediatrics, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University) ;
- Kim, Yun Hee (Department of Pediatrics, College of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2015.10.26
- Accepted : 2015.11.11
- Published : 2015.11.30
Objectives The purpose of this review is to investigate the domestic and foreign studies of pediatric Chuna treatment and propose the directions of future studies and clinical applications. Methods We searched for the study at RISS, KISS, DBPIA, Pubmed, CNKI by keywords, '추나', 'Osteopathic', 'Chiropractic', 'Manipulation', '推拿', '導引', '按摩', After 2010. Results 1. Selected 3 domestic studies were categorized as 1 survey study and 2 case reports. Selected 41 foreign studies from Pubmed were categorized as 15 systemic reviews, 8 survey studies, 12 case reports and 6 control studies. Selected 82 foreign studies from CNKI were categorized as 10 systemic reviews, 22 case reports and 50 control studies. 2. 2 clinical domestic studies researched on idiopathic Scoliosis. The foreign clinical studies from Pubmed are 18 cases, and those studies were categorized into Premature baby care (3), Infant colic (2), ADHD (2), Congenital talipes equinovarus (1), Somatic dysfuntion (1), Nonsynostotic occipital plagiocephaly (1), Conversion disorder (1), Lower back pain (1), Chronic bilateral dorsal foot pain and stiffness (1), plantar fasciitis (1), Migraine headaches (1), Cyclic vomiting syndrome (1), Acute otitis media (1) and Cerebral palsy (1). The other 72 foreign clinical studies were from CNKI, and they studied 39 different diseases. Systematically, they studied about digestive diseases (25), respiratory diseases (20), fever (6), musculoskeletal diseases (5), nervous system diseases (5), dermatology diseases (2) and other disease states. The Chuna treatment was used in variety of studies. 3. 2 clinical domestic studies adopted techniques of Osteopathy Chuna. The foreign clinical studies from Pubmed adopted techniques of Osteopathic manipulation (10) and Chiropractic manipulation (8). The other foreign clinical studies from CNKI adopted techniques of Acupressure (69), Abdominal manipulation (23), Spinal manipulation (21), Thoracic manipulation (11), Traction manipulation (2), Muscular manipulation (2), Squeezing Sha manipulation (1), Spine correction (1), Joint manipulation (1) and Fascia manipulation (1). Conclusions In addition to musculoskeletal disorders, variety of pediatric diseases could be treated with Chuna treatment instead of acupuncture.
- Park BG, Kim JH. The latest trends in acupuncture research on pediatric diseases through PubMed. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2005;19(1):117-29.
- Kim KB, Jang GT, Kim JH. Clinical study of combination therapy of aroma therapy and Laser Therapy on pediatric sinusitis. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2004;18(1):49-61.
- Son SM, Demand and preference for the modification of dosage forms of oriental herbal medicines by 20s-30s younger consumers. Master of ChungAng University. 2007.
- Lee JS. Formal Chuna Theory. Seoul: Deahan chuna institute publisher. 2002:15-6.
- Ko YS, Lee JH, Hwang EH, Heo KH, Yun JM, Park TY, Kong JC, Sul JU, Jung TG, Kim KB, Yang HC, Shin BC. A study to provide of health insurance for chuna manual therapy. J Korea Chuna Manual Med Spine & Nerves. 2012;7(2):1-14.
- Jo JG, Jeong GM. Literature review on chuna treatment of asthma in children. J Orient med. 1986;7(1):155-9.
- Gang MH, Kim JH. Literature review on pediatric chuna treatment. J Korean Orient Pediatr. 1995;9(1):139-62.
- Ding GX, Lee SS, Baek JW, Lee SJ, Kim KH. Bibliographic study on pediatric chuna (推拿) in the Myung Chung (明淸) dynasties. J Prev Korean Med Sci. 2004;8(2):31-44.
- Cho SW. The latest trends of chiropractic treatment on pediatric disease. J Korean Orient Pediatr. 2010;24(2): 137-46.
- Xia ZH. Chinese TU. Shanghai; Chinese medicine University Publishers. 2000:43-6.
- Claudia Anrig Gregory Plaugher. Pediatric manipulative medicine. Seoul: The Korean Chuna Association Publishers. 2002:1-2.
- Ju H. A Study of the efficacy of pediatric Tuina, Graduate School of Joong-Bu Universi. 2011.
- Jo HG, Lee SY, Han SH, Shin JH, Park SG, Kim MS, Hwang CH, Park JW, Sung IH, Jung PS, Sul JU, Kim DH, Choi ES. Chuna therapy and myofascial release technique for the pain relief and Cobb's angle improvement in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis : case report. J Korea Chuna Manual Med Spine & Nerves. 2013;8(2): 87-95.
- Jang HG, Yang DH, Woo CH, Ahn HD. A clinical two case studies on juvenile idiopathic scoliosis treated by lumbar flexion distraction manipulation and sitting position thoracic and lumbar vertebra adjustment manipulation. J Korea Chuna Manual Med Spine & Nerves. 2014;9(1):103-14.
- Wilson PM, Greiner MV, Duma EM. Posterior rib fractures in a young infant who received chiropractic care. Pediatrics. 2012;130(5):1359-62. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2012-0372
- Schenkel D, Degraauw J, Degraauw C. Talocalcaneal coalition in a 15 year old female basketball player. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2010;54(4):222-8.
- Ahn HS. Hongchangui pediatrics 9th edition. Seoul: Miraen. 2010:57-8.
- Kim KB, Kim DG, Kim YH, Kim JH, Min SY, Park EJ, Baek JH, Yu SA, Lee SY, Lee JY, Lee HJ, Chang GT, Chae JW, Han YJ, Han JK. Pediatrics of korean medicine, 1st ed. Seoul: EuiSungDang Publishing Co. 2010:727-8.
- Hwang YJ, Kim KB, Min SY, Kim JH. Clinical investigation of medical treatment in korean oriental pediatrics by focusing on the university oriental medicine hospital 5 clinics. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2008;22(2):205-15.
- Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves Institute. Chuna medicine. Seoul: Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2011:4-5, 18-32, 37.
- Park TY, Shin BC. Curriculum analysis of Chuna manual medicine in korea. J Korea Chuna Manual Med Spine & Nerves. 2010:5(1):157-68.
- Department of Health and Human Services, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. Korean medicine health care utilization and herbal medicine consumption survey. 2011.
- Park SH, Ko YS, Lee JH. A study for indication and adopted techniques of Chuna Treatment-focusing on domestic clinical studies. J Korea Chuna Manual Med Spine & Nerves. 2013;8(2):57-66.
- Jeong KH, Lee SS, Baeck JW, Lee SJ. Kim KH. Imperial palaces of the Ming and Qing period literature review on pediatric Chuna. J Orient Prev Med. 2004;8(2):31-44.
- Xia ZP. Chinese Tuina. Shanghai; Chinese medicine University Publishers. 2000:43,44-6.
- Lim YK, Kim HK, Hur KW, Jung JA, Lee H, Yun CS, Kim HC. The effects of simultaneous treatment with supplementary therapy and treatment interval for improving symptoms and satisfaction rate by treating child rhinitis or paranasal sinusitis patients. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2007;21(3):177-88.
- Francesco C, Gianfranco P, Francesco C, Emiliano LM, Vincenzo C, Cinzia R, Carmine D'I, Paola F, Giuseppe S, Gina B. Effectiveness of osteopathic manipulative treatment in neonatal intensive care units: protocol for a multicentre randomised clinical trial. BMC Pediatr. 2013;13:65. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2431-13-65
- Nadja H, Birgit P, Alexandra K, Bernd J, Angelika B. Does visceral osteopathic treatment accelerate meconium passage in very low birth weight infants? A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial, PLoS ONE. 2015:10(4):1-13.
- Lund GC, Edwards G, Medlin B, Keller D, Beck B, Carreiro JE. Osteopathic manipulative treatment for the treatment of hospitalized premature infants with nipple feeding dysfunction. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2011;111(1):44-8. https://doi.org/10.7556/jaoa.2011.111.1.44
- Kweon JJ, Lim HH, Song YK. Analysis of osteopathic manipulation and study on relationship with chuna manual therapy for meridian sinew system. J Orient Rehab Med. 2011;21(2):171-88.
- Li J. Research on Academic Schools of Pediatric Massage in Comtemporary Qilu, Doctorate of Shandong Chninese Medicine Univerity. 2014:4-6.
- Yu DF. Tuina. Shanghai:Shanghai Science and Technology publisher. 1992:172.
- Ming JL, Wang JG. Pediatric Massage. Beiging: China Chinese Medicine publisher, 2007:104.
- Li LP, Jin CZ. Tuina combined with needling distal points for pseudo-myopia in adolescents, J Acupunct Tuina Sci. 2015;13(3):160-4. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11726-015-0842-x