- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on the Energy Security Strategy of South Korea - Focused on the Innovation System Perspective -
국가 에너지안보 추진전략 분석에 관한 연구 - 혁신시스템 관점에서의 분석 및 추진전략을 중심으로 -
Choi, Jeong-Hwan;Lee, Hong-Hoon
- Received : 2015.07.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.28
- Published : 2015.12.31
Stability and security of energy resources are one of the most important factors for a national-development. In this research, we analyzed the Republic of Korea's policy making system on energy security and identified the problems from an innovation system perspective. In terms of the actors, they had limitations that ROK's navy do not have enough strategic plan for energy transportation. The links between innovation actors except defense area were relatively good, but links between the military area(navy) and other innovation actors had weak linkage. The infrastructure did't have enough consideration for military force development. For the institution; the role of the military area on energy security was not completely established. Therefore, participation of the defense area(navy) is required to be stated institutionally.
Energy resource;Innovation system;Security;Energy security;Energy security governance
- EIA(2007), Energy Information Administration, International Energy Outlook 2007, U.S. Department of Energy, p. 85.
- Hosnell, P.(2000), the Probability of Oil Market Disruption; with an Emphasis on the Middle East in Japanese Energy Security and Changing Global Energy Market, Institute for Public Policy, Rice University, pp. 1-10.
- Kalicki, J. H. and D. L. Goldwyn(2005), Energy and Security, Woodrow Wilson Center Press, p. 115.
- Kim, J. D., K. W. Sim and G. S. Jo(2007), Energy Security, KIDA Press, p. 1.
- Klare, M. T. and C. G. Lee(2008), Rising Powers Shrinking Planet; the New Geopolitics of Energy, Korea Institute for Maritime Strategy, pp. 430-461.
- KEEI(2011), Korea Energy Economic Institute, Yearbook of Energy Statistics, Vol. 30, pp. 14-15.
- KEEI(2015), Korea Energy Economic Institute, Monthly Energy Statistics, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 4-5.
- KMI(2015), Korea Maritime Institute, Shipping Statistics of Korea, http://www.kmi.re.kr/kmi/kr/.
- KPA(2015), Korea Petroleum Association, Research & Statistics, http://www.petroleum.or.kr/.
- Lee, J. P.(2012), the Sino-American Hegemonic Competition and Energy Security Strategics in Climate Era, KNSI Report, No. 39-2, p. 7.
- MOF(2015), Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Statistics Information, http://www.mof.go.kr/index.do.
- UNDP(2000), United Nations Development Programme, World Energy Assessment, pp. 111-112.
- Wolfers, A.(1952), National Security as Ambiguous Symbol, Political Science, Vol. 67, No. 4, pp. 481-502. https://doi.org/10.2307/2145138
- Yergin, D.(2006), Ensuring Energy Security, Foreign Affairs, Vol. 85, No. 2, pp. 69-82. https://doi.org/10.2307/20031912
Supported by : 해군사관학교 해양연구소